The Student Room Group

Oxford or Cambridge graduate entry medicine?

Hi, I was lucky enough to receive offers from both Oxford and Cambridge for GEM, but now I’m struggling to decide!

Can anyone compare the two courses? Which one is more “intensive” work wise? Which city is nicer to live in? Stuff like that, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by monkeh2
Hi, I was lucky enough to receive offers from both Oxford and Cambridge for GEM, but now I’m struggling to decide!
Can anyone compare the two courses? Which one is more “intensive” work wise? Which city is nicer to live in? Stuff like that, thanks :smile:

you literally can't apply to both universities in the same year why are you lying like that
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by reima.04
you literally can't apply to both universities in the same year why are you lying like that

This is graduate entry not undergrad medicine, where you can apply for both :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by monkeh2

Imperial is the best
Reply 4
Original post by lizy-sal
Imperial is the best

How did you apply to get offers from both?
Original post by monkeh2

Looks like you got a few undergrad replies haha. I have offers for other GEM schools but did grow up in Cambridge, I would say it is a reasonably nice place to live. Perhaps a bit overrated due to the Uni's prestige?? You'll have all the amenities you require, with enough decent green areas, cafes, etc. I think it is somewhere anybody could be quite happy, as long as you find the right accommodation ofc (but that goes for anywhere).

My gran went to Oxford Med school and always sold me a wonderful picture of the place but I can't really comment on that!

Hope you get to your decision! Good luck!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending