The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

kcl or ucl

Hi, I am an international student and currently choosing what course to go for: I got offers from kings for politics philosophy and economics, and for ucl for politics and international relations. I see that UCL is ranked higher but maybe for more scientific subjects? what would you suggest?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am an international student and currently choosing what course to go for: I got offers from kings for politics philosophy and economics, and for ucl for politics and international relations. I see that UCL is ranked higher but maybe for more scientific subjects? what would you suggest?

Hey, I have heard many things about UCL, but you’re right, it’s more scientific.

I would say KCL is more chill, the people are great and the nightlife is amazing. UCL has a snob value though, so you could take that into account when looking for jobs after your degree. However, both are in London, and fairly close to each other, so I personally don’t think it would make a significant difference, but that is up to you to decide. Both have great facilities and great teaching.

I would say as your courses in both unis are different, look at the course structure and see which one you are more drawn to. Hope this helps
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hey ! I also got an offer for Politics and IR at UCL but ngl the course structure looked a bit boring to me after all so I didn't firm the offer. I would definitely recommend looking which program structure fits you the most, and looks more interesting to you. And I might be a bit biased as I firmed Kings, but it's ranked a bit higher for social sciences and humanities (you'll have to check the stats tho because i've heard this from a random guy on reddit lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending