The Student Room Group

HELP NEEDED FAST PLEASE!! - resitting y12?

Hey so I’m currently in year 12 studying re, psychology and english. However, I would like to resit this year with a different set of options because I have realised that I would like to do photography a level and my current sixth form cannot support a photography student. I am also failing re; my teachers are lazy, show up to lessons 30m late, don’t set homework and don’t bother with lessons at all. If I continue like this I am bound to fail my a levels. I’ve tried to avoid this, but re has made english and psych seem pointless, so all my grades have been affected. I’ve begged my current school to do something but my head of sixthform is one of my lazy teachers and there isn’t anyone I can complain to. My question is: if I email my secondary school and ask them now, do you think they’ll let me come back in september? They did offer me a place at their sixthform on results day 2023 and I have been one of their best photography students. If yes, do you have any tips to help me convince them to let me come back. I’m pretty sure I need to convince the governors of the school because they deal with in year applications. Please help, the stress from all this has destroyed my mental health and I want to go back!!!
Reply 1
Would you really want to go back to the same school if the teachers are lazy?

You can always apply elsewhere / contact local Colleges and ask them if they’ll take you for next years intake.
Reply 2
Original post by Eg3756
Would you really want to go back to the same school if the teachers are lazy?
You can always apply elsewhere / contact local Colleges and ask them if they’ll take you for next years intake.

sorry for the confusion, my current sixthform's teachers are lazy, my old teachers were great I really do miss them

Quick Reply

Latest