The Student Room Group

Should i move on or there is still a hope?

There is this 1 guy we are super duper close. Named it all, we have done everything together. Dating, physical touch and so on. He do sometimes give me a hint but im afraid to assume so, hence i just ignore.

Then something happen to which we fight and he told me, he feels like i push him out from my life, i never appreciate him, im always mean to him (this one most probably true because im trying my hardest not to show i like him. So maybe i unintentionally come out as mean)

Things fast forward, he now tell me he likes other girl. Im utterly heartbroken, but i pretend nothing and give him encourage word when he say that. Since there, out dynamic change a little bit. He no longer texting or calling me, 0. We only communicate when we are in campus. BUT here’s the catch. Physical touch wise, he still remain. He still put his arm around my shoulder, his hand on my laps, pat my head.. Even sometimes ask me to call him if he didn’t wake up in the morning. Like boii, if i tell your girl about this, she must be jealous. That means your action can be interpret as something more.

And he told me the girl he likes tells him she likes him. So then I say they are already official then, to which he say no. He give the girl 1 requirements and that girl say she will try. Im confused, if you are dead in love with her, and he knows well she can do what he wants, why don’t they just be official then.

Some people say, maybe he’s actually still hoping for me to come to him. But i dont want to put any hope. Im done crying for a month, every single day because of this
this boy's a red flag. save yourself the heartbreak and LEAVE HIM!! the longer you stay the more he'll take advantage, he's already taking you and your friendship for granted. don't let him do that. walk away and dont look back!
Reply 2
This makes no sense. You are dating a guy, so that shows you like him, but then you say you hide the fact that you like him and act badly towards him; why would you do that? I'm not surprised he's found someone else, though no, they aren't official until they are in a relationship.

No point crying when you have created this situation.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
This makes no sense. You are dating a guy, so that shows you like him, but then you say you hide the fact that you like him and act badly towards him; why would you do that? I'm not surprised he's found someone else, though no, they aren't official until they are in a relationship.
No point crying when you have created this situation.

I should worded it better, dating as in, went on a ‘date’. My bad.. we never ever officially we are together. And reason me trying to hide my feeling is because, sometimes he seems like looking me just as a friend as he kept on calling me by ‘friend’ but sometimes more than that. So thats why i dont want to show too much
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
this boy's a red flag. save yourself the heartbreak and LEAVE HIM!! the longer you stay the more he'll take advantage, he's already taking you and your friendship for granted. don't let him do that. walk away and dont look back!

Yerp. Running away from is the most difficult thing to do as i commit to the biggest mistake ever, falling in love with classmate :’)
Reply 5
I should worded it better, dating as in, went on a ‘date’. My bad.. we never ever officially we are together. And reason me trying to hide my feeling is because, sometimes he seems like looking me just as a friend as he kept on calling me by ‘friend’ but sometimes more than that. So thats why i dont want to show too much

But why would you even go on one date, then? Seems like the problem is your lack of communication with him. Instead of treating him badly, why haven't you talked to him about how you both feel? He's the one who had his hopes raised, then dashed by your reaction.
Original post by Surnia
But why would you even go on one date, then? Seems like the problem is your lack of communication with him. Instead of treating him badly, why haven't you talked to him about how you both feel? He's the one who had his hopes raised, then dashed by your reaction.

Honest truth is, ok you might seems my answer to be bias..
But when he say “we are friends” then i jokingly say “no” its not that i dont want us to become friends, but i personally think that if i yes, thats mean i agree for us to be just friends and nothing more… but from his side, that, is a sign of me being mean
Reply 7
Original post by Lilylilac0221
Honest truth is, ok you might seems my answer to be bias..
But when he say “we are friends” then i jokingly say “no” its not that i dont want us to become friends, but i personally think that if i yes, thats mean i agree for us to be just friends and nothing more… but from his side, that, is a sign of me being mean

I'm lost. What do you actually want with this guy, friendship or relationship? Just have a proper conversation with him and stop playing mind games!
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
I'm lost. What do you actually want with this guy, friendship or relationship? Just have a proper conversation with him and stop playing mind games!

Ok. I want relationship with him. Thats it. But knowing now he likes other girl and that girl like him back (tho they are not official yet) do you think i still have a chance or no? If no, i dont want to simply go and tell him the truth, if yes, i will do it now
Reply 9
Ok. I want relationship with him. Thats it. But knowing now he likes other girl and that girl like him back (tho they are not official yet) do you think i still have a chance or no? If no, i dont want to simply go and tell him the truth, if yes, i will do it now

No, I think you've blown your chance by the way you behaved towards him. Let him be with this other girl. But if you still want to be friends, even though he has a girlfriend, discuss boundaries, especially physical ones.
Original post by Surnia
No, I think you've blown your chance by the way you behaved towards him. Let him be with this other girl. But if you still want to be friends, even though he has a girlfriend, discuss boundaries, especially physical ones.

Got it :’)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending