The Student Room Group

OCR A LEVEL English lit+Lang revision techniques

Hi all, I’m desperately trying to revise for a level English combined course but nothing seems to help me. If anyone has any ways they Revise for study based subjects what do recommend that helped you ?
Reply 1
hi hi i got 9s in both english lang and lit (OCR) after getting predicted a 7 and 8:
i have notes that i made for english lit last year (but i dont know which texts youre doing so they might not be helpful and i cant access them until sunday). English lit is a subject that is based on your understanding of the themes of the texts (not necessarily the text itself because i didnt read the entirety of any of my texts).
for english lang i recommend doing lots of writing practice (after each practice question find a teacher to mark it for you and provide feedback) then read sample answers that got full marks (you'll find that they arent actually the best writings because of exam pressure but it will help you see what youre lacking in). for english lang theres a section b thats creative writing and i personally only spend 25 minutes on those because theyre easier to get more marks with more time, so its very important to know well what your timings are and decide beforehand how you allocate your time.
lastly, a method in revision that helped was writing out the quotes i needed to remember over and over again until memorised (i did this the night before my exams - i dont recommend doing it that late but it worked fout or me).
sorry its so long i yap
Reply 2
Original post by c iNd
hi hi i got 9s in both english lang and lit (OCR) after getting predicted a 7 and 8:
i have notes that i made for english lit last year (but i dont know which texts youre doing so they might not be helpful and i cant access them until sunday). English lit is a subject that is based on your understanding of the themes of the texts (not necessarily the text itself because i didnt read the entirety of any of my texts).
for english lang i recommend doing lots of writing practice (after each practice question find a teacher to mark it for you and provide feedback) then read sample answers that got full marks (you'll find that they arent actually the best writings because of exam pressure but it will help you see what youre lacking in). for english lang theres a section b thats creative writing and i personally only spend 25 minutes on those because theyre easier to get more marks with more time, so its very important to know well what your timings are and decide beforehand how you allocate your time.
lastly, a method in revision that helped was writing out the quotes i needed to remember over and over again until memorised (i did this the night before my exams - i dont recommend doing it that late but it worked fout or me).
sorry its so long i yap

hi, thank you sm for the reply! but thats my fault for not specifying that im doing a level OCR lit and lang combined. its so tough esp because all the help online is aqa based. but some of the advice you've given me is still really helpful thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by StudentNK_
hi, thank you sm for the reply! but thats my fault for not specifying that im doing a level OCR lit and lang combined. its so tough esp because all the help online is aqa based. but some of the advice you've given me is still really helpful thank you!

ah, i'm so sorry im so blind i just realised. also good luck with a levels!
Reply 4
Thank youuu 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending