The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Postgrad college allocations

Hello, I'm an international postgrad starting my MA at Durham in September. I know that for postgrads, the allocation process considers department, level, fee status, etc. But I was wondering if it also makes a difference how early we submit the application?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I'm an international postgrad starting my MA at Durham in September. I know that for postgrads, the allocation process considers department, level, fee status, etc. But I was wondering if it also makes a difference how early we submit the application?

Hiya,

The allocation process takes into account 1. your college rankings 2. how many students from each department 3. fee status 4. Course level. Whether you submit your application early or not has no bearing on what college you are allocated, if you accept your offer from Durham after the allocation process begins (Begins in July), then you will only have 14 days to submit your preferences.
The Allocation Process for Postgraduates

Hope this helps 🙂

-Ghala
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I'm an international student too and I was wondering, after the allocation process finishes and we have to move on to Durham, when would this happen? I'm asking because I wanted to buy tickets from my country to UK in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending