The Student Room Group

Gcses 2024

Ive got my gcses in 3 weeks and ive done no revision, throughout my mocks ive been gettings 6s and 7s in mocks is it too late to get 6s and 7s in the real thing? I feel like ive completely forgotten all the content for all the subjects and i feel so demotivated and i can never sit down and revise .
Original post by jjo33333
Ive got my gcses in 3 weeks and ive done no revision, throughout my mocks ive been gettings 6s and 7s in mocks is it too late to get 6s and 7s in the real thing? I feel like ive completely forgotten all the content for all the subjects and i feel so demotivated and i can never sit down and revise .

No its not late! Start RIGHT NOW! Make a revision plan with your weakest topics and focus on them, quickly learn/skim the content and start doing practice papers!
Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚
i get you fr!! i have genuinely barely revised for gcses in a few weeks, and i go to a grammar school so the standard of intelligence is annoyingly high (meaning everyone is lying when they say they haven't revised because they all have photographic memory and know everything). i find it really hard to concentrate and focus, and keep my revision consistent. my grades fluctuate between a mix of 6s, 7s, 8s, and a few 9s- but because i've gone through such a hard time these past couple years, my grades DROPPED last year during my mocks. but you can definitely still get those same grades for the real thing!! a lot of the time when i think that i don't know anything, i end up knowing a lot more than i think i do. even if it's just memorising a fact or a set of information each day, or reading a set of notes before you go to bed, or getting someone to test you for 5 minutes each day- its the consistency that counts!! for me, i find it easier to understand things before just memorising them, so idk whether that would work for you- but i have a lot of sites and youtube channels that might help if you want??

the demotivation will definitely stop you from revising- but please try and fight against it. what helps me is that i think about afterwards- and what's going to happen after gcses. i just keep on reminding myself that i'll be free, i'll be free, i'll be free- i can do whatever the hell i want and i don't have anything academic to stress about ๐Ÿ’€ school is freaking annoying, and i'm just telling myself that i can't wait to get out- i just need to put everything into this to make it worthwhile. I'm sending you motivation from my messy desk here ๐Ÿ˜ญ and I honestly believe that you can achieve all the grades you want to- think about what you're gonna tell yourself if you knew you could have done more but didn't. i hope it all goes well :smile:
Original post by itsadara
i get you fr!! i have genuinely barely revised for gcses in a few weeks, and i go to a grammar school so the standard of intelligence is annoyingly high (meaning everyone is lying when they say they haven't revised because they all have photographic memory and know everything). i find it really hard to concentrate and focus, and keep my revision consistent. my grades fluctuate between a mix of 6s, 7s, 8s, and a few 9s- but because i've gone through such a hard time these past couple years, my grades DROPPED last year during my mocks. but you can definitely still get those same grades for the real thing!! a lot of the time when i think that i don't know anything, i end up knowing a lot more than i think i do. even if it's just memorising a fact or a set of information each day, or reading a set of notes before you go to bed, or getting someone to test you for 5 minutes each day- its the consistency that counts!! for me, i find it easier to understand things before just memorising them, so idk whether that would work for you- but i have a lot of sites and youtube channels that might help if you want??
the demotivation will definitely stop you from revising- but please try and fight against it. what helps me is that i think about afterwards- and what's going to happen after gcses. i just keep on reminding myself that i'll be free, i'll be free, i'll be free- i can do whatever the hell i want and i don't have anything academic to stress about ๐Ÿ’€ school is freaking annoying, and i'm just telling myself that i can't wait to get out- i just need to put everything into this to make it worthwhile. I'm sending you motivation from my messy desk here ๐Ÿ˜ญ and I honestly believe that you can achieve all the grades you want to- think about what you're gonna tell yourself if you knew you could have done more but didn't. i hope it all goes well :smile:

that part about the grammar school is so real
Original post by itsadara

So real, so many of my friends get like straight 8s or 9s or like all 9s and it is a bit degrading haha
i dont go to a grammar school but seeing so many people on this app getting straight 9s in december mocks and being worried about GCSEs, whereas im getting 6s and 8s, is really stress inducing
honestly- all of yall really be passing the vibe check. because i swear when i bring up the fact that i physically cannot concentrate and i genuinely struggle with revision, all everyone says is "just revise and then dont get distracted" like what the heck is that supposed to mean ๐Ÿ˜ญ i dont speak in "im smart and i can retain information really easily"- because i have adhd too which makes it extra hard to remember large amounts of info which is highkey very infuriating. i know that to some people who dont go to grammar schools my grades might seem really good (its subjective tho) but in MY school- the standard theyre all at and the standard I'M at is so different and that's what is so degrading. my december mocks went so badly because i was so messed up during that period, and the way my confidence PLUMMETED- i'm just trying to pick myself up for these exams because the last thing i want to do is beat myself up until results day.

Quick Reply

Latest