The Student Room Group

Access to nursing

Hiya, am I able to apply for nursing whilst I’m in the middle of completing the access course. I’m due to start my access course in September but want to apply for children’s nursing in the January ready for the September intake but realised I won’t have the actual ucas points until I have completed the access course x
Hi. I am currently doing the Access to Health course. It is very similar to applying to Uni from school. You will complete the UCAS form around Oct/Nov of doing the Access course and then receive interviews/ conditional offers. You should receive your results earlier than A-levels. Many of my fellow students have their places for Nursing/ Midwifery and are just waiting now.
Original post by mammyrach12
Hi. I am currently doing the Access to Health course. It is very similar to applying to Uni from school. You will complete the UCAS form around Oct/Nov of doing the Access course and then receive interviews/ conditional offers. You should receive your results earlier than A-levels. Many of my fellow students have their places for Nursing/ Midwifery and are just waiting now.

Morning. Ok fabulous. Here in Wrexham they only take a September intake. So would I still do the UCAS application October November. How are you finding the access course. I’m 37 and haven’t done any academic work for a long time x I’m going the access course via the blended route x
Original post by Bethanboo2009
Morning. Ok fabulous. Here in Wrexham they only take a September intake. So would I still do the UCAS application October November. How are you finding the access course. I’m 37 and haven’t done any academic work for a long time x I’m going the access course via the blended route x

UCAS applications will open in September 2024 for September 2025 intake. For your application to receive equal consideration, you will need to apply by January 2025. Under the qualifications section, you would list your Access course as results pending.
Original post by normaw
UCAS applications will open in September 2024 for September 2025 intake. For your application to receive equal consideration, you will need to apply by January 2025. Under the qualifications section, you would list your Access course as results pending.

How did u fine access course I’ll be working full time too x
Original post by Bethanboo2009

Are you doing the Access course through a college or self study via online course? If it's through a college, it maybe the same as my experience which is that they are very keen for you to apply as soon as UCAS opens in October and get it done so you can start getting interviews etc.

I am 38, so similar. I have three primary/nursery school age kids. I last studies twenty years ago. I have loved getting back into learning and have a lovely class. I am very social so have made sure to get to know everyone and this has made the experience easier too. English and Maths were straightforward for me. The five modules we have completed are so fascinating (I was a Catholic Lay Chaplain in schools, so background in Education) as I have no knowledge of the Healthcare system. Studying as been tiring but straightforward because it's only part-time in college. I have kept on top of things, otherwise the assignments come thick and fast and it gets overwhelming. Our days are 10am-5pm but I always try to do until 6pm college close time (my college childcare provision is until 6pm). This has allowed me to keep going.

I'm off to do Speech and Language Therapy BSc at Newcastle Sept '24, which is 9-5 all week. Intense and I have no idea how I am going to manage it! But unlike Nursing, I won't have night shifts so pros and cons.
Original post by mammyrach12
Are you doing the Access course through a college or self study via online course? If it's through a college, it maybe the same as my experience which is that they are very keen for you to apply as soon as UCAS opens in October and get it done so you can start getting interviews etc.
I am 38, so similar. I have three primary/nursery school age kids. I last studies twenty years ago. I have loved getting back into learning and have a lovely class. I am very social so have made sure to get to know everyone and this has made the experience easier too. English and Maths were straightforward for me. The five modules we have completed are so fascinating (I was a Catholic Lay Chaplain in schools, so background in Education) as I have no knowledge of the Healthcare system. Studying as been tiring but straightforward because it's only part-time in college. I have kept on top of things, otherwise the assignments come thick and fast and it gets overwhelming. Our days are 10am-5pm but I always try to do until 6pm college close time (my college childcare provision is until 6pm). This has allowed me to keep going.
I'm off to do Speech and Language Therapy BSc at Newcastle Sept '24, which is 9-5 all week. Intense and I have no idea how I am going to manage it! But unlike Nursing, I won't have night shifts so pros and cons.

Hiya so the access course is in college but one day a week and then the rest online in my own time. I am hoping to complete children’s nursing in September 2025. Yes I am very much looking forward to it. My children are 15 and 12 so older and have a bit more extra time now. I will be working full time as a family support worker during the week attending college on a Thursday and then another 8 hours studying a week online xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending