The Student Room Group

NHS interview successful but waiting for finance to approve vacancy

Hello. I had an interview with NHS to work as a band 6 pharmacist. The interview was successful but because I have a long experience in community pharmacy, the chief pharmacist offered me a band 7 job instead. The only problem is that there isn’t a vacancy for this position at the moment in that Trust so they need to have the approval from finance. It’s been 2 weeks since I was verbally offered the job but I haven’t heard anything back as yet. Anyone going through the same or same situation in the past? What was the waiting time until decision from finance? What was the outcome?
Reply 1
Original post by PaulM75
Hello. I had an interview with NHS to work as a band 6 pharmacist. The interview was successful but because I have a long experience in community pharmacy, the chief pharmacist offered me a band 7 job instead. The only problem is that there isn’t a vacancy for this position at the moment in that Trust so they need to have the approval from finance. It’s been 2 weeks since I was verbally offered the job but I haven’t heard anything back as yet. Anyone going through the same or same situation in the past? What was the waiting time until decision from finance? What was the outcome?

Hi, I'm not really in the same position as you but I can definitely say that, after working in the NHS, things like this take a lot of time and responses can be very slow. It's more likely that they're still waiting to hear back from finance than because they've forgotten to reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending