The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances of switching from LSE Acc and Fin to Econ and Maths or Fin Maths and Stats

I received an offer from LSE for accounting and finance, I just wanted to know the chances of me transferring to Economics and Mathematics or Financial Maths and Statistics.

My subjects are Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Econ. I’m predicted all A* and an A in Further Maths.

Do I have a chance of switching to these courses.
Original post by michael stevens
I received an offer from LSE for accounting and finance, I just wanted to know the chances of me transferring to Economics and Mathematics or Financial Maths and Statistics.
My subjects are Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Econ. I’m predicted all A* and an A in Further Maths.

Why did you apply to a course you don't like?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by michael stevens

No one can really tell you how likely it is. If swaps are permitted then it will depend on how many offers they've made for the other course, (or how many students are enrolled if you wait until you are there to ask - which I would not recommend).

If you are certain you want to swap, all you can do is ask them ASAP. Worst case they say no and you still have your existing offer.
Original post by Jjsjjsjssjsj
Why did you apply to a course you don't like?

I have no problem with course and do like it but I would rather do Econ and Maths, there isn’t really a big loss here it’s just preference
Original post by Admit-One
No one can really tell you how likely it is. If swaps are permitted then it will depend on how many offers they've made for the other course, (or how many students are enrolled if you wait until you are there to ask - which I would not recommend).
If you are certain you want to swap, all you can do is ask them ASAP. Worst case they say no and you still have your existing offer.

Would I have a solid chance seeing as I’m coming through one if their most competitive course and very much have the grades.
Original post by Anonymous
Would I have a solid chance seeing as I’m coming through one if their most competitive course and very much have the grades.

It's impossible for me to say. The answer could range from "we don't permit any course swaps at all" to "yes, it's very easy to swap".
Original post by Admit-One
It's impossible for me to say. The answer could range from "we don't permit any course swaps at all" to "yes, it's very easy to swap".
Fair enough. Thanks for you time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending