The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Accommodation

Hi, i am able to apply for accommodation 2024 and was wondering how likely it would to get my top choice or at least top three. thank you
Reply 1
Have you been able to log in? I've registered but when I try and log in it just says 'user not recognised' and I was just wondering if it was just me who had this issue?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by yogo1o
Have you been able to log in? I've registered but when I try and log in it just says 'user not recognised' and I was just wondering if it was just me who had this issue?

this was happening to me at first. make sure your username is your warwick id number and not your email, thats what i was doing wrong
Reply 3
Original post by ellac_3
this was happening to me at first. make sure your username is your warwick id number and not your email, thats what i was doing wrong

I was putting my id number in but I'm thinking I might try again in a few days and if it doesn't work then I might email them
Reply 4
Original post by yogo1o
I was putting my id number in but I'm thinking I might try again in a few days and if it doesn't work then I might email them

I closed and reopened the tab and it worked fine after a couple attempts
Original post by ellac_3
Hi, i am able to apply for accommodation 2024 and was wondering how likely it would to get my top choice or at least top three. thank you

It really depends on how popular your choices are, and that can change each year depending on what accommodation people in your year decide to apply for. 35 week contract en suites i.e., Jack Martin and Arthur Vick, tend to be quite popular due to them being relatively cheaper rooms without shared bathrooms and the location is very central, for me JM is a 5 minute walk from where most of my lectures take place and 7 mins from the main bus stop.

Make sure you don't apply to the less popular ones IF you don't want them, e.g, if you don't want whitefields but its in your top 3 (I know someone who got rootes while it was their 5th choice) you will probably get it. Even though it might seem silly to even say don't apply to what you don't want, some people tend to make their choices (maybe they only like 2 accoms) and then just fill the rest with random accoms. However, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think we had to use all of our choices, so just apply to ones you'd be comfortable living in, if you don't get your first it is what it is.

I got my first choice though and quite a few people did as well that ik of. I don't know if applying early affects your chances, I believe I applied as soon as I got my offer in May

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending