The Student Room Group

EUR1a student finance query

Hello, I am in my second year initially enrolled on a computer science sandwich degree. I haven't received a placement yet and have switched to the 3 year degree to select final year modules (I have been advised I can switch back to the sandwich degree if I receive a placement by September 2024). I have to fill and submit the EUR1a (continuing student form) to apply for finance for 2024/25. I do not want to apply for finance if I will be doing a placement as I want to pay my tuition fees. However, if I don't receive a placement by September it will be too late to apply for finance for my final year. Should I apply for finance as a placement student, a final year student now or wait until September to apply?

Thank you.
Original post by camilo_b
Hello, I am in my second year initially enrolled on a computer science sandwich degree. I haven't received a placement yet and have switched to the 3 year degree to select final year modules (I have been advised I can switch back to the sandwich degree if I receive a placement by September 2024). I have to fill and submit the EUR1a (continuing student form) to apply for finance for 2024/25. I do not want to apply for finance if I will be doing a placement as I want to pay my tuition fees. However, if I don't receive a placement by September it will be too late to apply for finance for my final year. Should I apply for finance as a placement student, a final year student now or wait until September to apply?
Thank you.

Hi there,

If you've been moved to the 3 year course then I would advise to make your application for the 3 years just now and send it over to us. If you do get a placement come September then you can do the change of circumstances form to re-update your course details.

You'd be best sending your application ASAP as they can take 6-8 weeks for processing.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending