The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Politics and History - Edinburgh Uni vs Glasgow Uni

I've been accepted with unconditionals for the Politics and History course at Edinburgh, and the Economic and Social History and International Relations course at Glasgow. I like both cities as I've been to both for brief periods on trips, holidays and the like. I live in Aberdeen, so distance also isn't really a factor, and I'm sorta just stuck. Any thoughts?
Original post by arinkoc1
I've been accepted with unconditionals for the Politics and History course at Edinburgh, and the Economic and Social History and International Relations course at Glasgow. I like both cities as I've been to both for brief periods on trips, holidays and the like. I live in Aberdeen, so distance also isn't really a factor, and I'm sorta just stuck. Any thoughts?
Hi, congratulations on your offers! Those are both great options for studying so can see your dilemma in choosing. Just wanted to come in with some advice that I hope will be helpful in making a decision.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is.
It's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. What part of the city would you be living in, is this close to things that are important to you (e.g. parks, cinemas, leisure centres), are there things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities.
Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing.

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending