The Student Room Group

GCSE prep for Y10 (as a current y9 student)

Im currently in y9, ill be doing my gcses next year (!). But just wanted to ask if there’s any prep that can be done late y9 in the summer break b4 y10 so i can find what im studying easier and the transition smoother and less stressful, and hopefully get ahead of my peers and stay ahead of the material!!
Thank you :smile:)
-amanii
Original post by amaniii
Im currently in y9, ill be doing my gcses next year (!). But just wanted to ask if there’s any prep that can be done late y9 in the summer break b4 y10 so i can find what im studying easier and the transition smoother and less stressful, and hopefully get ahead of my peers and stay ahead of the material!!
Thank you :smile:)
-amanii

Personally I would say relax in that summer. But familiarize yourself with the specification and look into what content each course holds. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to do well, and this summer, make the most of it before you basically enter exam season for your whole life! (It doesn't stop until uni lol). Nevertheless, make sure you ace these end of year 9 exams as these could potentially determine what tier your teachers want you to learn at GCSE. Hope this helps! 😄

Reply 2
tyysmm!
Reply 3
I agree that you should just chill but if you want to then go over any difficult content, learn language vocab and buy any books you need.

Quick Reply

Latest