The Student Room Group

EXTRA AND SUPER SUPER-CURRICULARSS- pls help :) UNI

Hii,
im a y9 student and ive always had stress thinking about extra curriculum activities and super-curricular activities of that sort.

I have taken on a wide range since my time as a y7 student, from dropping to opting new ones- some recommend and some free choice!

Now i want to ask whether or not taking and spending all the time for these things is worthwhile, especially if universities dont pay particular attention to that sector

And if theres anyy extracurriculars that i NEED for a strong application!!

sorry for the long essay xd
Thanks!
-amani
off the topic, but a rlly nice name, amani :smile:)
Reply 2
Original post by candydream
off the topic, but a rlly nice name, amani :smile:)

ty!
Reply 3
Original post by amaniii
Hii,
im a y9 student and ive always had stress thinking about extra curriculum activities and super-curricular activities of that sort.
I have taken on a wide range since my time as a y7 student, from dropping to opting new ones- some recommend and some free choice!
Now i want to ask whether or not taking and spending all the time for these things is worthwhile, especially if universities dont pay particular attention to that sector
And if theres anyy extracurriculars that i NEED for a strong application!!
sorry for the long essay xd
Thanks!
-amani

Are you asking specifically about Cambridge - because that's where you've posted the question :smile:

Broadly speaking, the answer is that they're interested in super-curriculars and not remotely interested in extra-curriculars. But it's really the academics that count - meeting the offer (exams + entrance tests) is usually the biggest hurdle.

Do you have a particular uni subject in mind, and are you choosing "appropriate" A levels?
Reply 4
Original post by davros
Are you asking specifically about Cambridge - because that's where you've posted the question :smile:
Broadly speaking, the answer is that they're interested in super-curriculars and not remotely interested in extra-curriculars. But it's really the academics that count - meeting the offer (exams + entrance tests) is usually the biggest hurdle.
Do you have a particular uni subject in mind, and are you choosing "appropriate" A levels?

Yes im talking about Oxbridge and other top UK unis, ive always been interested in Physics so an astrophysics/quantum physics,engineering degree.. do u have any suggestions for super-curriculars that i can do??
Thank you so much for the reply btw!
Original post by amaniii
Yes im talking about Oxbridge and other top UK unis, ive always been interested in Physics so an astrophysics/quantum physics,engineering degree.. do u have any suggestions for super-curriculars that i can do??
Thank you so much for the reply btw!

Right now, just study and get top grades!

Supercurriculars can be a worry when you're at Year 12 however, if there's anything aimed at your year group (Physics and Maths competitions, some introductory books, etc) just because for Physics, Maths, Engineering and other science subjects need you to have some base understanding (GCSE+ start of A-Level) to truly understand them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending