The Student Room Group

What to do after a rejection

Hey, ive been rejected from nearly all my unis despite having plenty of law work experience a pathways to law programme and A*AA predicted im only waiting for bristol but im not very hopeful. Im hoping to get something through clearing but i heard that for law degrees its hard and i dont really like the idea of a gap year. If anyone knows more on clearing for law could you advise me please. Thank youu
why do you think this is? because of your lnat?
Reply 2
Original post by abiiorsamantha
why do you think this is? because of your lnat?

Glasgow rejected me for my lnat which was 19 Edinburgh rejected me due to competitiveness i was rejected from cambridge i dont really know why and i only have aston but i dont really want to go there i aspired to go to a russel group i only put it down because my teachers told me to
Only RG in Clearing last year for law was Queens Belfast AAA.
Best option if you want choice if RG is to apply grades in hand. Either apply none lnat or study this summer to hopefully get a competitive lnat score this time.
Reply 4
Original post by Dixiechick1975
Only RG in Clearing last year for law was Queens Belfast AAA.
Best option if you want choice if RG is to apply grades in hand. Either apply none lnat or study this summer to hopefully get a competitive lnat score this time.

Okayy thank you!
Original post by mcuni
Glasgow rejected me for my lnat which was 19 Edinburgh rejected me due to competitiveness i was rejected from cambridge i dont really know why and i only have aston but i dont really want to go there i aspired to go to a russel group i only put it down because my teachers told me to

What did you put down as your fifth choice? Or did you not have one?
Reply 6
Original post by CatusStarbright
What did you put down as your fifth choice? Or did you not have one?

Im waiting for Bristol they are my fifth but because my lnat score is only 19 im doubting they will accept me same way glasgow did.
Original post by mcuni
Im waiting for Bristol they are my fifth but because my lnat score is only 19 im doubting they will accept me same way glasgow did.

Apologies, I've just realised that was in your OP but I missed it. Hopefully Bristol accepts you and you can put that as your firm choice (if you'd want to go there), or you can look for a place in Clearing from 5 July.

I know you're not keen on a gap year but you could always look to reapply next year with your grades already achieved (lots of people do this for Oxbridge particularly, it's not unusual). Do note that you would need to write a new personal statement, but TSR's personal statement review service can help with that!
Reply 8
Original post by CatusStarbright
Apologies, I've just realised that was in your OP but I missed it. Hopefully Bristol accepts you and you can put that as your firm choice (if you'd want to go there), or you can look for a place in Clearing from 5 July.
I know you're not keen on a gap year but you could always look to reapply next year with your grades already achieved (lots of people do this for Oxbridge particularly, it's not unusual). Do note that you would need to write a new personal statement, but TSR's personal statement review service can help with that!

Its okay, thanks for your advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending