The Student Room Group

Overwhelmed by Law A level

So we havent had a proper teacher for the entire course.We didnt learn anything in order and still have the 15 markers content to learn.I have been trying to revise myself and its going okay but it is sooo overwhelming like it feels like im learning all this info for the first time and i dont know how long it will take for me top start doing practice questions (scenario).Any advice? :_
Original post by Random3
So we havent had a proper teacher for the entire course.We didnt learn anything in order and still have the 15 markers content to learn.I have been trying to revise myself and its going okay but it is sooo overwhelming like it feels like im learning all this info for the first time and i dont know how long it will take for me top start doing practice questions (scenario).Any advice? :_

Hello, I am so sorry that you haven't had a consistent teacher to rely on.

I assume you do AQA law, I do not but I hope this helps. You could use the practice questions as a was to learn the topic. For example, what I do for politics is research ( online, quizlet, study guides, other people's practice answers, the exam board, YouTube) for what is relevant to the question and then formulate a plan specific to the question.

I recommend you then store those plans as revision cards, so you can go over them quickly whilst you start other things. After making the plan you should be able to use it to write a proper answer for that question.

I also assume that if you haven't had a proper teacher for the entire course you may not have an actual teacher that has the right knowledge to mark your work. Again, this is where other people's examples will help and looking at the mark scheme will help.

Quick Reply

Latest