The Student Room Group

Should I go to a uni ball alone or sell my ticket?

I've got a ticket to my uni's ball for my course which is happening in two days time - it's a very formal event. I don't really have any friends on my course, so I'm just wondering if it would be worth turning up and going to that effort when I might be alone for most of if not all of the night? What do you guys think?
Original post by tryfonakis
I've got a ticket to my uni's ball for my course which is happening in two days time - it's a very formal event. I don't really have any friends on my course, so I'm just wondering if it would be worth turning up and going to that effort when I might be alone for most of if not all of the night? What do you guys think?

Hey there,

First of all, that's awesome! While going solo might feel daunting, it's also a chance to meet new people and make some memories. Plus, who knows? You might just hit it off with someone cool! Also, these formal meetings have a vibe that makes it easier to initiate conversations. It's good to keep an open mind, and it's all about making the most of the experience, I'd say. Give it a shot.

But hey, if you're not feeling it, that's fine, too. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Shri (MSc International Business Student).

Quick Reply

Latest