The Student Room Group

i dont know what to do

Bit of some backstory, i managed to be accepted for a very expensive scholarship to a prestigious sixth form in my vicinity. However, the subejct requirements for my desired a level choices are high, and with 21 days till gcses to go i am worried that i will not be able to achieve these targets.
I was planning on taking physics, comp sci and maths, however i would need to get 8s and 9s in these subjects to be able to take them at a level.
i dont really want to change my subjects as it pretty much decides my entire future, or am i exaggerating? is it really the end of the world if i have to pick other a levels? maybe, maybe not. but what can i do right now? should i focus on science and maths or focus on comp sci and maths, one of my friends told me comp sci is a bad a level but im not sure. i guess im just scared that i planned my whole life out on these a level subjects and now that might all change
Original post by codyvarga
Bit of some backstory, i managed to be accepted for a very expensive scholarship to a prestigious sixth form in my vicinity. However, the subejct requirements for my desired a level choices are high, and with 21 days till gcses to go i am worried that i will not be able to achieve these targets.
I was planning on taking physics, comp sci and maths, however i would need to get 8s and 9s in these subjects to be able to take them at a level.
i dont really want to change my subjects as it pretty much decides my entire future, or am i exaggerating? is it really the end of the world if i have to pick other a levels? maybe, maybe not. but what can i do right now? should i focus on science and maths or focus on comp sci and maths, one of my friends told me comp sci is a bad a level but im not sure. i guess im just scared that i planned my whole life out on these a level subjects and now that might all change

Personally, I'd say do what you feel most comfortable in doing and do what will benefit you the most. Honestly if you feel you should change your subjects, change them and if you want to continue the same, continue the same. Tbh if you have a few career plans, it's not really the end of the world if you change your a levels. Also, it's never too late to change things and you can revise but in proportion. :smile:
Reply 2
Breathe! Try to relax, because you may get the GCSEs you want.
Concentrate on your revision for now, until you’ve finished the GCSEs.
By all means have some alternative plans, but don’t waste energy overthinking.

Good luck and congratulations on getting your scholarship!

Quick Reply