The Student Room Group

Does attendance matter?

My classes are so useless I just can't be bothered to come any more. I'm getting A+ on everything but almost all of my revision is done at home. School just feels like a waste of time. My college advocates for strong attendance, but the main/only reason they provide is grades. Given I'm already getting good grades, are there any other possible adverse consequences of having a high absence rate? My only main concern is whether it'll make me look bad to university.
Reply 1
Original post by grade9s
My classes are so useless I just can't be bothered to come any more. I'm getting A+ on everything but almost all of my revision is done at home. School just feels like a waste of time. My college advocates for strong attendance, but the main/only reason they provide is grades. Given I'm already getting good grades, are there any other possible adverse consequences of having a high absence rate? My only main concern is whether it'll make me look bad to university.
In my experience college will intervene if you are consistently not attending and may possibly punish you. If you want to avoid anything like that I would advise speaking to your teachers/ head of the college and possibly something can be worked out.
Reply 2
Original post by Why do p
In my experience college will intervene if you are consistently not attending and may possibly punish you. If you want to avoid anything like that I would advise speaking to your teachers/ head of the college and possibly something can be worked out.

How low can my attendance get before this happens?
Original post by grade9s

Up to your school/college. It might be covered in your student handbook if you have one.
Reply 4
Original post by grade9s

That is very college dependant. I would advise heading any issue of by having a discussion with the college. It shows that you are taking charge of your learning and may not lead to what you want, but it's your best chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending