The Student Room Group

Part Time or Distance Learning Funding if I didn't complete first degree

Hello,

Back in 2008-2010 I studied for my first degree which I didn't complete, but used up all my funding years, ending up with a Certificate of Higher Education.

I would now like to complete a degree in a different subject, either part time or distance learning as I would need to work still. The subjects I'm interested in are not on the funding exemption subject lists. I've seen so much conflicting information in regards to studying part time in person or through distance learning (such as through the OU) so I just want to clarify whether I could get funding for tuition fees if I am studying part time at a university or through the OU distance learning? Also, if there are any restrictions on what courses I could do?

Thank you!

Clare
Hi Clare. What qualification would you be working towards on the new course and what is the highest level of qualification you hold at the moment? Thanks, David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi Clare. What qualification would you be working towards on the new course and what is the highest level of qualification you hold at the moment? Thanks, David

Hi David,

The highest level qualification I have at the moment is a Certificate of Higher Education and I would be working towards a full BA (Hons).

I'd like to know:

whether I could be funded to study any subject (that isn't an exemption course) part time in person at a university to full BA Level?

whether I could be funded to study any subject (that isn't an exemption course) distance learning at the Open University?

Thanks,

Clare
Original post by Clare127
Hi David,
The highest level qualification I have at the moment is a Certificate of Higher Education and I would be working towards a full BA (Hons).
I'd like to know:

whether I could be funded to study any subject (that isn't an exemption course) part time in person at a university to full BA Level?

whether I could be funded to study any subject (that isn't an exemption course) distance learning at the Open University?

Thanks,
Clare

Hi Clare. The answer to both of those questions would be yes. For Part Time, we do not look at your Full Time previous study and because you are going up in terms of a level of qualification you would be eligible to apply for funding for an in person part time course or through the Open University. Thanks, David
Reply 4
That's great, thank you for the reply!
Original post by Clare127
That's great, thank you for the reply!

You're welcome, if there is anything else please let us know. Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending