The Student Room Group

Anybody started ucat prep with medentry or medify

Anybody started ucat prep with medentry or medify if so which is better?
Original post by Rohan007best

hi, i did my ucat last year and used both but prefer medentry :smile:
i’d recommend both if you can afford it bc they’re both “better” but in different ways, but my medentry mock scores were way more accurate to my real score, my medify scores averaged at ~200 points lower than my real score. confidence in your ability is important for the ucat so for me medentry has the edge
Original post by Rohan007best

Used Medify and got a 3000. Quite rep of the real thing except for SJT and VR (VR was a little harder in the real thing) ngl.
Original post by its.scphie
hi, i did my ucat last year and used both but prefer medentry :smile:
i’d recommend both if you can afford it bc they’re both “better” but in different ways, but my medentry mock scores were way more accurate to my real score, my medify scores averaged at ~200 points lower than my real score. confidence in your ability is important for the ucat so for me medentry has the edge

I used both and also preferred Medentry (got 3210, B1)
Reply 4
Original post by toothysmile
I used both and also preferred Medentry (got 3210, B1)

can u tell me how much u spent daily on each section and how long before your ucat?
Original post by Tulipbloom
Used Medify and got a 3000. Quite rep of the real thing except for SJT and VR (VR was a little harder in the real thing) ngl.

Hey, did you find the scaled scores in the mock to be accurate too? I keep getting 27-30/44 on the mini mocks in VR but medify is saying that's only a 570.. other websites are saying it's more?
Original post by milliex_grace2
Hey, did you find the scaled scores in the mock to be accurate too? I keep getting 27-30/44 on the mini mocks in VR but medify is saying that's only a 570.. other websites are saying it's more?

It’s probably cause medify are down scaling cause it’s easier than the acc thing
So in a sense since it’s easier each mark is worth less than it should be Ygm
Original post by wooooooo1039
So in a sense since it’s easier each mark is worth less than it should be Ygm

Really? From what I can tell medify VR is just as hard as the UCAT, if not harder.
Really? From what I can tell medify VR is just as hard as the UCAT, if not harder.

i found medify VR far easier than the real thing, the passages are way shorter on medify (or at least they were last year) taking up ~half the screen, in the real thing they took up the whole screen or some of them i needed to scroll down to see the bottom of it

Hi Millie I sent u a pm just wondering if you received it

Quick Reply