The Student Room Group

Is the course 'Mathematics and It's Learning' with the OU ELQ exempt?

Hi there,

I would like to check whether the 'BSc (Honours) Mathematics and its Learning' course with the open university counts as ELQ exempt. I understand that maths courses are exempt, but I am not sure about this one because it includes modules which are on the learning of mathematics rather than mathematics itself? Also, does it make a difference whether it's the default start of the intensive start?

I would appreciate any info.

Thank you.
Original post by AmericiumYytrium
Hi there,
I would like to check whether the 'BSc (Honours) Mathematics and its Learning' course with the open university counts as ELQ exempt. I understand that maths courses are exempt, but I am not sure about this one because it includes modules which are on the learning of mathematics rather than mathematics itself? Also, does it make a difference whether it's the default start of the intensive start?
I would appreciate any info.
Thank you.

Hi there,

Can you please tell us when this course begins?

Thanks, Graeme
Hiya,

Sorry, for the slow response. September 2025.

Thanks,

Amy
Hiya,
Sorry, for the slow response. September 2025.
Thanks,
Amy

Actually, sorry, October 2025
Actually, sorry, October 2025

Hi there,

If it's October 2025 then we can't confirm at this moment unfortunately as the university would need to publish their course to us so we can confirm if it's eligible.

Thanks, Ross
Hiya, thank you. Would it be possible for you to check whether the course of the same name starting in October 2024 is eligible please, to give me an idea for the time being? I understand you won't be able to be certain but it would be useful to have an idea of whether it's likely.
Hiya, thank you. Would it be possible for you to check whether the course of the same name starting in October 2024 is eligible please, to give me an idea for the time being? I understand you won't be able to be certain but it would be useful to have an idea of whether it's likely.

Hi,

That course would be eligible.

Thanks, Ross
Thank you very much
Thank you very much

You're very welcome. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending