The Student Room Group

Phce secondary teaching interview

Hi Al,

I have received an invitation for an interview for the PGCE Secondary Physics Teaching Course at the University of Roehampton. I was wondering if you have any idea about the kind of written task I can expect during the interview. Also, could you please share some of the recent topics used in the previous interviews at the same university?

Thank you.
Original post by Imshap
Hi Al,
I have received an invitation for an interview for the PGCE Secondary Physics Teaching Course at the University of Roehampton. I was wondering if you have any idea about the kind of written task I can expect during the interview. Also, could you please share some of the recent topics used in the previous interviews at the same university?
Thank you.

Hi @Imshap,

Congratulations and good luck for your interview!

The written task will be a short passage of 250 words and it will be from the perspective of your subject.

That's all I can tell you for now but I hope this helps a little!

Katie- Roehampton Rep
Reply 2
Original post by Imshap
Hi Al,
Thank you.

At a guess I would suggest it is designed to ensure you can read, understand and write half decent English which at the end of the day is a basic requirement for a teacher of anything.

Good luck!
Original post by Imshap
Hi Al,
Thank you.

Hello @Imshap

Congratulations on being invited for interview! Roehampton is where I did my own teacher training, and so know you'll be taught to be the best teacher you can possibly be there.

I would recommend that you get a Teacher Training Adviser to help you to prepare for the interview and also support you to apply for the Institute of Physics scholarship.

All the very best of luck!

Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending