The Student Room Group

IGCSE Physics in 23 days

Hi, I have to sit my first physics paper in 23 days and I have done zero revision. I feel that I barely passed my mocks with a low C (95/200) with the grade boundaries barely saving me. If it weren't for the grade boundaries I would have failed. Everyone around me tells me that I'm capable of scoring higher with some more work put in, but I just can't get myself to sit down and revise. When I try a past paper or reading notes I feel so lost. What would you recommend me to do?
Original post by disasterlineage
Hi, I have to sit my first physics paper in 23 days and I have done zero revision. I feel that I barely passed my mocks with a low C (95/200) with the grade boundaries barely saving me. If it weren't for the grade boundaries I would have failed. Everyone around me tells me that I'm capable of scoring higher with some more work put in, but I just can't get myself to sit down and revise. When I try a past paper or reading notes I feel so lost. What would you recommend me to do?

Try many different revision methods to see which one best suits your style of revision. Then, apply the one that helps you memorise the most to your notes and transform them in a way you understand.

Review your notes using the revision method (e.g., flashcards, mindmaps, etc.) every few days/weeks.

If you're struggling to sit down and revise, figure out what's bothering you in the first place? You could make a revision schedule to plan your revision timings and breaks. This will help organise your thoughts and overall plan for the remaining 23 days.

I hope everything goes well for you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest