The Student Room Group

Indicated i was on placement by a mistake on my student finance england application!!

I indicated I was on placement by mistake on my application and I can no longer change it as I have submitted it. I called student finance England and they said I should upload a cover letter to the supporting evidence section with my customer reference number, date I made the cover letter and my full name. They said underneath that information in the cover letter to write that ‘I indicated that I was on placement by a mistake , can this please be rectified’. I also put a brief explanation that I am doing a social work course so although I will be on placement, the person on the phone from student finance England informed me that you do not recognise it as placement as it is integrated into the course and it’s something we have to do.

Can I have reassurance that it will be rectified this way please?
And will I receive an update when they have seen the cover letter? As I am aware that indicating you are on placement can significantly impact the payments you are entitled to from student finance England.

Thank you.
Original post by Jesswoxd
I indicated I was on placement by mistake on my application and I can no longer change it as I have submitted it. I called student finance England and they said I should upload a cover letter to the supporting evidence section with my customer reference number, date I made the cover letter and my full name. They said underneath that information in the cover letter to write that ‘I indicated that I was on placement by a mistake , can this please be rectified’. I also put a brief explanation that I am doing a social work course so although I will be on placement, the person on the phone from student finance England informed me that you do not recognise it as placement as it is integrated into the course and it’s something we have to do.
Can I have reassurance that it will be rectified this way please?
And will I receive an update when they have seen the cover letter? As I am aware that indicating you are on placement can significantly impact the payments you are entitled to from student finance England.
Thank you.

Hi Jess,

Yes, this is completely fine.

When we approve your application we'll remove this request for placement evidence, so it's good that you've uploaded this letter.

Please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending