The Student Room Group

Volunteering for DofE (bronze award)

Can anyone recommend any good places to volunteer for DofE for under 16s, preferably one working with children or retail.
Also when volunteering does any sort of community service count or must it be with an organisation that is registered with DofE? Thank you
Reply 1
Why not volunteer at your local charity shop? Or at your local scout / guides society? You could volunteer in your place of religion if that is your thing or even just spend an hour picking litter around where you live.
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
Why not volunteer at your local charity shop? Or at your local scout / guides society? You could volunteer in your place of religion if that is your thing or even just spend an hour picking litter around where you live.

thanks i am trying to apply for some but we need to do 3 months of volunteering for an hour every week and it needs to be done before july sometime and the application process could take a few months. but if i did do the litter picking how would i give them proof of me doing it
Reply 3
Original post by moonluvr
thanks i am trying to apply for some but we need to do 3 months of volunteering for an hour every week and it needs to be done before july sometime and the application process could take a few months. but if i did do the litter picking how would i give them proof of me doing it

Take pictures, log what you have done, do it with friends, make a vlog, make a presentation, strava where you walked, make it a fun sociable activity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending