The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL common year one timetable

Hi all,

Just got my offer for KCL pharmacology and from what I’m aware biosciences students pretty much all follow the same 1st year structure called common year one. If anyone has previously done this, could you please tell me how ur timetable was I.e what days u were in and for how long- it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
second year biomed student here!! 😁 congrats on getting your offer!

So, you're right in that all the bioscience students have the exact same first year structure. In my experience with the CYO (unsure if they've changed it since), you had a split of modules across semester A (sep-dec) and semester B (jan-mar/apr). Cell Bio and Biochemistry were Sem A specific, Chemistry and (I think) Genetics were Sem B specific, and everything else ran across both. The thing with the CYO timetable was that, unlike pretty much every other course and second/third year, there's zero structure. Modules were mixed across days and how much you had on a given day very much depended on what tutorial group you were in. Some days you'd have a lecture or two and a tutorial, or you might have a few tutorials, or a few lectures, or just a practical, or nothing at all. Unfortunately my timetable from last year has vanished off my calendar, but from memory it was rare to be in for more than a few hours a day. Pretty sure we did have a lot of 9ams though 🥲
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Thanks for ur response. It was rlly helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending