The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Entry requirements

I have an offer for software engineering for ABB. Worst comes to worst and I get like A*CC or A*CD would I still be accepted? They also accept tariff points btw.

What were ppl u know who got in with? Even comp sci or a course similar. Of course I won't get these bad grades just curious I guess
Original post by Bubbnugg
I have an offer for software engineering for ABB. Worst comes to worst and I get like A*CC or A*CD would I still be accepted? They also accept tariff points btw.

What were ppl u know who got in with? Even comp sci or a course similar. Of course I won't get these bad grades just curious I guess

A typical software engineering student at Leicester achieved grades of ABC - i.e. slightly below the standard ABB requirement (source). That would suggest that in the past, they've been able to accept candidates who have just missed their offer grades.

That doesn't mean that they'll necessarily be able to do so this year, as it depends what grades their offer-holders get. They are obliged to confirm the place of all firm offer-holders who met their offer grades, and of all insurance offer-holders who met their offer grades, but we're not accepted by their firm choice.

If, once they've done that, the course is full, then "near miss" candidates will be out of luck. :frown:

However, if is was still space left on the course, then they'll look to fill those places by confirming the place of "near miss" candidates, which is what it appears they have done in the past.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Bubbnugg

Hi there 😊

Congratulations on your offer!! That is exciting news, and I hope you are as excited to start with us in just a few months!
Have you come around for any open days or offer holder days yet?

With regards to your question, if you find yourself with lower grades than required you will then have to go through clearing process. There is still a chance you get accepted, but we cannot know that until that time.

First thing you should do is call the admissions team, explain your situation and they can offer you some guidance on what your options are.

Hope this helped answer your question 😁

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending