The Student Room Group

revision!

from a BBD to an A*AA, how long should i study to achieve these grades by the end of june for my end of year 12 mocks? i will genuinelt do anything as Ive actually clocked i need good grades to do dent next year :b
Reply 1
What subject are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by Lugg13
What subject are you taking?

bio chem and maths - with my hardest being chem idk if a pass is feasible atp
for maths, im assuming your doing edexcel, just do ALL the questions in the book. if you do not understand a topic, look at the examples or watch a youtube vid. some good youtubers are zeeshan zamurred (he does it in order of the exersises in the book) and TLMaths. Try not to use solution bank unless you REALLY need to as this will not help you. You should also do all the mixed exercises and review exercises asw as they are slightly harder than the normal ones and will help you get exam ready.
Closer to your exams start doing past papers, do the ones from the old spec and the solomon ones, look on physics maths tutor there are loadss. you will have to skip some questions as they are no longer part of the spec. (dont use the stats old spec as it has completley changed)
maths is really about being very fluent in the methods your using, once youve done enough exam practice youll be okay.
Reply 4
Original post by hhhhhhhhhannah
for maths, im assuming your doing edexcel, just do ALL the questions in the book. if you do not understand a topic, look at the examples or watch a youtube vid. some good youtubers are zeeshan zamurred (he does it in order of the exersises in the book) and TLMaths. Try not to use solution bank unless you REALLY need to as this will not help you. You should also do all the mixed exercises and review exercises asw as they are slightly harder than the normal ones and will help you get exam ready.
Closer to your exams start doing past papers, do the ones from the old spec and the solomon ones, look on physics maths tutor there are loadss. you will have to skip some questions as they are no longer part of the spec. (dont use the stats old spec as it has completley changed)
maths is really about being very fluent in the methods your using, once youve done enough exam practice youll be okay.

after actually sitting down and learning maths content i’ve actually been doing so okay in it, like i went from a d to a b and i think the A at the end is possible 😋 the zeeshan guy is SO GOOD i just found him and apart from his his haircut he’s actually rlly useful i like him, but it’s kinda difficult to find someone similiar for chem bc nobody does things as detailed and good as him 💔

Quick Reply

Latest