The Student Room Group

Student finance with siblings

I am going into my 3rd year of university and next year my brother will be joining me meaning my parents will have to support 2 children at university. I am currently on the minimum student loan. I have heard that you can get a larger loan to help if your parents are supporting 2 children and was wondering how you would apply for this?
Many thanks :smile:
Original post by stuckstudent74
I am going into my 3rd year of university and next year my brother will be joining me meaning my parents will have to support 2 children at university. I am currently on the minimum student loan. I have heard that you can get a larger loan to help if your parents are supporting 2 children and was wondering how you would apply for this?

It’s part of the Student Finance application, so they should take your course into account on your brother’s finance paperwork. .That’s my understanding.
Original post by stuckstudent74

Hi there,

Yes, that's right - when your parents support more than one student we apply a reduction to the household income.

We do this automatically, so you don't need to do anything. So long as your parents link to both you and your brothers application we'll make sure you're both awarded the correct entitlement.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending