The Student Room Group

my first gyg 🫶

hey! never done this before lol and don’t fully understand it tbh but I feel like this might help me to motivate myself more :smile:
I’m aiming for mostly 9s and my current grades are:
English lit- 8
English lang- 9
Maths- 9
Further maths- 7
Biology-8
Chemistry- 9
Physics- 8/9
French- 9
Computer science- 7
History- 9
Psychology- 9

I’m predicted mostly 8s and 9s by my teachers

Aims:
- Focus more on revision and revise more effectively
- Improve my grades in computer science, english lit and further maths
- Be more disciplined
- Stay organised

Recently I’ve been doing 2 hours a night of revision on average + 4 hours on saturdays and sundays, but I’d like to do at least 3 hours a night and 5-6 hours on weekends. I also do some interventions and tend to spend part of lunch revising and do about half an hour in the morning.

I’m struggling a bit because in year 10 I mostly just crammed for mocks so I’m quite behind on making revision resources.

Excited to try and make more progress in my subjects and to hopefully follow other people’s revision journeys as well :smile: Hoping to chat to some people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ur grades are amazinggg
i wish mine were that good
Reply 2
Original post by fffhjtf
ur grades are amazinggg
i wish mine were that good

thank uu!! i spent 2 years helping my sister learn her flashcards for half of my subjects lol and i also just love learning lol :smile:
moved to grow your grades forum :smile:
Reply 4
19/04-
- did some further maths revision
- finished and marked a maths past paper (72/80 with some help, need to work on some topics still)

I also planned my revision for next week because I have my french speaking exam on thursday, plus my school is closed until wednesday cause of a gas leak lol ??

Not too productive but I’m hoping to step it up tomorrow:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by erin11
moved to grow your grades forum :smile:

ty!
Reply 6
Original post by jc270
19/04-
- did some further maths revision
- finished and marked a maths past paper (72/80 with some help, need to work on some topics still)
I also planned my revision for next week because I have my french speaking exam on thursday, plus my school is closed until wednesday cause of a gas leak lol ??
Not too productive but I’m hoping to step it up tomorrow:smile:

omg i have my french speaking the same day as you
im on a 9 for french but still nervous idk whyyy
Reply 7
Original post by fffhjtf
omg i have my french speaking the same day as you
im on a 9 for french but still nervous idk whyyy

im the same, we still haven’t finished 2 of the topics though?? i’ve had 3 teachers and it’s been quite disjointed lol. my mum speaks a little bit of french so i’m gonna try to practice with her & go over all the vocab i need but i’m nervous that stuff from those two topics will come up 😭
Reply 9
Original post by erin11
welcome to gyg!! 💗
your grades are amazing, wishing you the best of luck for everything :biggrin:
@emm4nuella @kayleigh_t.27 @milktee @orb22 @miss_nia @halfharry @AspiringSurvivor @flowersinmyhair @summayaaaa @aaliyahmk @bicompton

thank you 🙏
Original post by jc270
im the same, we still haven’t finished 2 of the topics though?? i’ve had 3 teachers and it’s been quite disjointed lol. my mum speaks a little bit of french so i’m gonna try to practice with her & go over all the vocab i need but i’m nervous that stuff from those two topics will come up 😭

what topics are they??
Original post by jc270

im currently doing a-level french, feel free to give me a shout if you need any help with anything!!!
Reply 12
Original post by fffhjtf
what topics are they??

the environment stuff and something else? it’s whichever one has technology in it
Reply 13
Original post by erin11
im currently doing a-level french, feel free to give me a shout if you need any help with anything!!!

thank you so much! i’m struggling a bit with the subjunctive but otherwise I think i’m coping :smile:
Original post by jc270
the environment stuff and something else? it’s whichever one has technology in it

same we haven't done the environment either
if that comes up i'm finished
Reply 15
Original post by fffhjtf
same we haven't done the environment either
if that comes up i'm finished

i’m probably gonna try to find someone else’s flashcards for it on quizlet and go over those the morning of the exam lol
Original post by jc270
hey! never done this before lol and don’t fully understand it tbh but I feel like this might help me to motivate myself more :smile:
English lit- 8
English lang- 9
Maths- 9
Further maths- 7
Biology-8
Chemistry- 9
Physics- 8/9
French- 9
Computer science- 7
History- 9
Psychology- 9
Aims:
- Be more disciplined
- Stay organised
Recently I’ve been doing 2 hours a night of revision on average + 4 hours on saturdays and sundays, but I’d like to do at least 3 hours a night and 5-6 hours on weekends. I also do some interventions and tend to spend part of lunch revising and do about half an hour in the morning.
I’m struggling a bit because in year 10 I mostly just crammed for mocks so I’m quite behind on making revision resources.
Excited to try and make more progress in my subjects and to hopefully follow other people’s revision journeys as well :smile: Hoping to chat to some people?

Heyyy
Your grades are so good and good luck for your GCSEs xx
I'll follow your journey ofc and here is my GYG https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398188&p=99347382&page=16#post99347382
Reply 17
20/04-
- did 50 mins of further maths
- watched videos on how to answer poetry questions (my teachers never really taught us?)
- tested on medicine flashcards for about 10 mins with my mum

not very productive, i’m really tired so i’m gonna try and catch up tomorrow so i feel a bit better :/
Reply 18
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
Your grades are so good and good luck for your GCSEs xx
I'll follow your journey ofc and here is my GYG https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398188&p=99347382&page=16#post99347382

thank you! now following ur journey!!!
Original post by jc270
English lit- 8
English lang- 9
Maths- 9
Further maths- 7
Biology-8
Chemistry- 9
Physics- 8/9
French- 9
Computer science- 7
History- 9
Psychology- 9
Aims:
- Be more disciplined
- Stay organised

DAMN ur grades r looking good, I do further maths too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending