The Student Room Group

Need help immediately. - SQA HIGHER 2024.

Extremely sorry for the long read.

Hello everyone. I need help immediately regarding higher SQA.
On December I went on holiday to visit my mother's family. During this a sack with our passports went missing. It took months for us to get new passports so we could return to the UK. I've spent this entire week back scrambling to sort things out with my school in order to make sure I am still eligible for exams despite not doing prelims. I am S5 so predicted grades this year do not matter regarding UNI. I managed to finish my essays and assignments during the week.
Whilst I was gone I COMPLETELY forgot about revision and school. I know this is extremely stupid. I am probably a C/D/F student for most my subjects.
I am doing 5 subjects - Higher Maths, Higher English, Higher Biology and Higher History.
If I did the exams now this would be the result
History is 1000% an A as I studied it during the start of the holiday and remember everything.
Mathematics is an F, I have forgotten everything.
Chemistry a D or F
Biology a mid C.
English an F.
I believe for English I can 1000% get an A easily through revision but for Bio, Chem and Maths I am extremely worried.

Exam dates:

Eng, 7th of may, in 18 days
Maths, 13th of may, in 24 days
Bio, 15th of may, in 26 days
Chem, in 23rd of may, in 34 days
Hist, in 28th of may, in 39 days.

here is my plan: assuming I study 7 hours a day from 20th of April to my final exam.
This gives 126 hours of revision till eng exam, 168 hours till maths, 182 hours till bio, and 238 till chem
I devote 50 hours to english
100 hours to maths
32 hours to biology
56 hours to chemistry
and the rest of the days i'll study till the history exam.
i doubt it'll take 50 whole hours to get an A in English as I went from an F student to getting an A last year with only 9 hours of revision for national 5. So the remaining hours of those will go to mathematics.

If I study past paper questions and course specification for these hours, is there a considerable chance I can attain an A? Assume I will genuinely work as hard as possible for these hours. Is it feasable, or in August will I come back just to find out that I got a C/B in everything?
Last year I was very aloof and only studied the last 2 days before each exam for my national 5's. I went from an F student to a C (B for history) for my national 5's within these 2 days, for English I got an A though. (I did put alot of effort into my portfolio though)

Please guys, I do not mean to be rude but If I get "well it all matters if you're good at math/eng/biology/chem/history my cortisol will spike hard. Please just estimate the grade I will get with the information provided. I just want to know if I am cooked.

Thank you for taking the time to read my situation. All the best.
Hello!

Omg! Hope your revision goes well after that situation! I'm also revising alot these days, especially for physics but hopefully we'll pass! We can do this!
Reply 2
Original post by needhelpnow111
On December I went on holiday to visit my mother's family. During this a sack with our passports went missing. It took months for us to get new passports so we could return to the UK. I've spent this entire week back scrambling to sort things out with my school in order to make sure I am still eligible for exams despite not doing prelims. I am S5 so predicted grades this year do not matter regarding UNI. I managed to finish my essays and assignments during the week.
Whilst I was gone I COMPLETELY forgot about revision and school. I know this is extremely stupid. I am probably a C/D/F student for most my subjects.
I am doing 5 subjects - Higher Maths, Higher English, Higher Biology and Higher History.
History is 1000% an A as I studied it during the start of the holiday and remember everything.
Chemistry a D or F
Biology a mid C.
English an F.
I believe for English I can 1000% get an A easily through revision but for Bio, Chem and Maths I am extremely worried.
Exam dates:
here is my plan: assuming I study 7 hours a day from 20th of April to my final exam.
This gives 126 hours of revision till eng exam, 168 hours till maths, 182 hours till bio, and 238 till chem
100 hours to maths
32 hours to biology
56 hours to chemistry
i doubt it'll take 50 whole hours to get an A in English as I went from an F student to getting an A last year with only 9 hours of revision for national 5. So the remaining hours of those will go to mathematics.
If I study past paper questions and course specification for these hours, is there a considerable chance I can attain an A? Assume I will genuinely work as hard as possible for these hours. Is it feasable, or in August will I come back just to find out that I got a C/B in everything?
Last year I was very aloof and only studied the last 2 days before each exam for my national 5's. I went from an F student to a C (B for history) for my national 5's within these 2 days, for English I got an A though. (I did put alot of effort into my portfolio though)
Please guys, I do not mean to be rude but If I get "well it all matters if you're good at math/eng/biology/chem/history my cortisol will spike hard. Please just estimate the grade I will get with the information provided. I just want to know if I am cooked.
Hi, if u start spamming ppqs for maths rn, you'll likely get an B/C grade (dont set ur self up for failure)
-for chemistry use jabchems traffic lights for each unit and make sure you know everything

for bio just aim to learn up all the content use knowunity and spam ppqs

I took modern studies instead of History, but just make sure to have revised 6 essays by the exam

Chemistry a D or F
Biology a mid C.
English an F.
Exam dates:
100 hours to maths
32 hours to biology
56 hours to chemistry

Why didn't you keep in touch with school over the internet? You could have had lessons remotely ...
Past papers and use traffic lighting to pinpoint key topics.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by TDCTV
Hi, if u start spamming ppqs for maths rn, you'll likely get an B/C grade (dont set ur self up for failure)
-for chemistry use jabchems traffic lights for each unit and make sure you know everything

for bio just aim to learn up all the content use knowunity and spam ppqs

I took modern studies instead of History, but just make sure to have revised 6 essays by the exam

B/C is death tier for me as I'll need an A in maths this year. For uni, so I can do advanced and because it's what I told my parents I would get at the start of the school year. B
Is there any significant chance I could get an A if I spam ppqs for hours a day over all the ppqs available on the SQA multiple times over? Or is the potential B?
Since making that post I have already done 3 1/2 hours of ppqs today, and going over them.
Reply 5
B/C is death tier for me as I'll need an A in maths this year. For uni, so I can do advanced and because it's what I told my parents I would get at the start of the school year. B
Is there any significant chance I could get an A if I spam ppqs for hours a day over all the ppqs available on the SQA multiple times over? Or is the potential B?
Since making that post I have already done 3 1/2 hours of ppqs today, and going over them.

yes, you can get an A, use DLB Maths and the higher maths website them just spam
Chemistry a D or F
Biology a mid C.
English an F.
Exam dates:
100 hours to maths
32 hours to biology
56 hours to chemistry

Higher history is 21st of may
Reply 7
Chemistry a D or F
Biology a mid C.
English an F.
Exam dates:
100 hours to maths
32 hours to biology
56 hours to chemistry

how would u recommend studying for english? especially ruae as i find it quite difficult.
Reply 8
Your post makes no sense, why do you need your passport, is there not other ID you can use, why are you not studying, are you still out of the UK and why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending