The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL deposit

Hey everyone, I was recently offered a place in KCL's foundation year. They asked me to pay a deposit within a month to accept my place, and I did so about 10 days after receiving my offer. Because I paid by Convera and not debit/credit card, I had to send them proof of payment and wait for them to accept the offer on my behalf, which I did. It's now past the one month deadline, the school hasn't gotten back to me, and when I called them a few days ago, the person said that they could not find my application. Then proceeded to send me a follow up email saying that they would escalate it to the relevant department. On the King's Apply portal, it now says that I have declined my offer because I didn't pay my deposit.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with the KCL admin? And will I still be accepted?
Many thanks x
Reply 1
hey there, what program did you apply to and when in the cycle did you apply?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
They can usually reinstate the offer if they find the payment.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone, I was recently offered a place in KCL's foundation year. They asked me to pay a deposit within a month to accept my place, and I did so about 10 days after receiving my offer. Because I paid by Convera and not debit/credit card, I had to send them proof of payment and wait for them to accept the offer on my behalf, which I did. It's now past the one month deadline, the school hasn't gotten back to me, and when I called them a few days ago, the person said that they could not find my application. Then proceeded to send me a follow up email saying that they would escalate it to the relevant department. On the King's Apply portal, it now says that I have declined my offer because I didn't pay my deposit.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with the KCL admin? And will I still be accepted?
Many thanks x

i had a similar situation dw it takes time for the. to get back to you and change it to “Accepted” on the website. I had to send them proof in the messages provision on kings apply and also send emails and even reached out to them on whatsapp and they assured me that they’ll get to it and they did. so don’t worry they’ll eventually get back to you they’re just overwhelmed
Original post by twigs24
i had a similar situation dw it takes time for the. to get back to you and change it to “Accepted” on the website. I had to send them proof in the messages provision on kings apply and also send emails and even reached out to them on whatsapp and they assured me that they’ll get to it and they did. so don’t worry they’ll eventually get back to you they’re just overwhelmed

hi, did you apply to foundation?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
hi, did you apply to foundation?

yess
Original post by twigs24
yess

congratss!! what programe?
Reply 7
thankyou sm! engineering and mathematics, what about you did you apply?
Reply 8
thinking abt it currently, just trying to get more info!! when did you apply and how long did it take for them to reach you back?
Reply 9
thinking abt it currently, just trying to get more info!! when did you apply and how long did it take for them to reach you back?

hi i applied in late february and exactly a month later they got back to me with an unconditional offer for the foundation course
Reply 10
Original post by twigs24
hi i applied in late february and exactly a month later they got back to me with an unconditional offer for the foundation course

thanks for ur reply!! are there other people you know in foundation or a group chat? also, do you think it would be hard to get into any of the courses? sorry for all the questions, just curious!
Reply 11
thanks for ur reply!! are there other people you know in foundation or a group chat? also, do you think it would be hard to get into any of the courses? sorry for all the questions, just curious!

Hi no it’s okay ask away. Uhm currently i don’t know anyone else on the course i don’t know if there ways to connect to them but i think maybe that will happen later on and on progression the rates are kinda high from the offer holders zoom i attended they showed us the percentages i can’t remember them exactly but most students on the foundation programme progressed into an undergrad at kings
Reply 12
Original post by twigs24
Hi no it’s okay ask away. Uhm currently i don’t know anyone else on the course i don’t know if there ways to connect to them but i think maybe that will happen later on and on progression the rates are kinda high from the offer holders zoom i attended they showed us the percentages i can’t remember them exactly but most students on the foundation programme progressed into an undergrad at kings

okay makes sense, thank u! do u know anything abt the bio and chem program or if its hard to get accepted into foundation at kings!

Quick Reply