The Student Room Group

Gap year for better university?

I currently have offers from QMUL, University of Nottingham and University of Glasgow for computer science and waiting for decisions from University of Manchester and University of Southampton. I really wanted to get into Oxbridge or Imperial but i was very late to apply, So i am confused if i should accept one of my current offers or take a gap year and apply to Oxbridge and Imperial.
Original post by mr_yuvie
I currently have offers from QMUL, University of Nottingham and University of Glasgow for computer science and waiting for decisions from University of Manchester and University of Southampton. I really wanted to get into Oxbridge or Imperial but i was very late to apply, So i am confused if i should accept one of my current offers or take a gap year and apply to Oxbridge and Imperial.

Hey
My advice would be to have a discussion with yourself on what the pros and cons would be of taking a gap year and the pros and cons of choosing one of your current options. Getting into Oxbridge is extremely competitive and you will need a very strong application alongside good interview skills to even stand a chance. Whatever you decide make sure you really think about it before going through with it. Good luck
Original post by mr_yuvie

The reality is only 1 in 20 get offers for CS at Imperial and it wont be much lower at Oxford. Only you can decide whether the risk of rejection is worth taking a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending