The Student Room Group

Exam technique sciences

So you know when they say "Give one feature/limitation/mistake/way..."? Sometimes I add 2 because I'm unsure of my answer. 2/3 teachers give me a mark anyway, but sometimes my physics teacher doesn't give me a mark because I put more than one answer. So I was wondering if real examiners give you the mark or just give you zero because you give more than one answer
Original post by EuphrosyneOp
So you know when they say "Give one feature/limitation/mistake/way..."? Sometimes I add 2 because I'm unsure of my answer. 2/3 teachers give me a mark anyway, but sometimes my physics teacher doesn't give me a mark because I put more than one answer. So I was wondering if real examiners give you the mark or just give you zero because you give more than one answer

from what I've been told it depends on the question and subject. In sciences, if the question says "give one..." and you write two different things they won't award the mark because you're proving you don't really know. However, if it's an "explain why..." question that's 2-3 marks, anything you've said that's also in the mark scheme gets you that mark.
Ah I see, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest