The Student Room Group

Driving question (test in a few days)

Hi,

So I have my driving test in a few days, and recently i've understood that the things that my instructor has taught me are quite different to what others learn\what i should know. Thankfully, watching youtube videos and practicing on my own has helped.

A question that I wanted to get clear before the day of my test is:

When _______, is it necessary to signal?:

1. moving off from Behind a parked car (eg, after doing parallel park)
2. moving off If on the right side of the road?
3. Going into a bay?
4. Leaving a bay?

Thanks
wanna ask the same as well
Reply 2
You should signal when it provides useful information to other road users. In theory at least there is no need to signal at all if there are no other road users around. On test I would signal in all the situations you mention. Signalling on entering and leaving a bay is not common practice, but it does advance give information about your intentions so unless it could cause confusion then why not
Original post by Avz4XO
Hi,
So I have my driving test in a few days, and recently i've understood that the things that my instructor has taught me are quite different to what others learn\what i should know. Thankfully, watching youtube videos and practicing on my own has helped.
A question that I wanted to get clear before the day of my test is:
When _______, is it necessary to signal?:
1. moving off from Behind a parked car (eg, after doing parallel park)
2. moving off If on the right side of the road?
3. Going into a bay?
4. Leaving a bay?
Thanks

Do you not have a driving instructor to teach you these basics?
All 4 no one around don't need to signal, but your driving test all 4. It's there to let anyone know about your intentions. You should have covered it from your instructor and theory test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending