The Student Room Group

Revising now at GCSE as yr 11

Hey, I don’t know if any other Year 11’s on here are at this stage right now, but I feel very stuck with revision.
I have made all of my flashcards for each subject that I do, but it takes a lot for me to just sit down at my desk and go over a bunch of flashcards. It seems very overwhelming.
And when I try to do practice questions from a CGP book for Chem, for example, I know barely any of the answers. I do well in subjects like History and English, but I also need to go over a bunch of quotes and content for stuff like that to practice aswell.

Any tips?
Original post by gabriellarockx
Hey, I don’t know if any other Year 11’s on here are at this stage right now, but I feel very stuck with revision.
I have made all of my flashcards for each subject that I do, but it takes a lot for me to just sit down at my desk and go over a bunch of flashcards. It seems very overwhelming.
And when I try to do practice questions from a CGP book for Chem, for example, I know barely any of the answers. I do well in subjects like History and English, but I also need to go over a bunch of quotes and content for stuff like that to practice aswell.
Any tips?
Revision methods differ for everyone - try to find what works best for you.

From my experience:

Sciences - Summerise textbooks and specification notes and review them every few weeks to memorise all the information; Moreover, use resources like Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube to fill in gaps of knowledge!

English - Write! It's this easy... Writing more often will help increase the speed of your writing during the exam and provide an advantage. Moreover, you could read books or and watch movies to expand your vocabulary by exposing yourself to other types of diction.

Maths - Honestly, the only thing you can do is do practice questions for each unit and past papers, as questions that come up are unpredictable.

Good luck, and I wish you all the best! :biggrin:
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Revision methods differ for everyone - try to find what works best for you.
From my experience:
Sciences - Summerise textbooks and specification notes and review them every few weeks to memorise all the information; Moreover, use resources like Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube to fill in gaps of knowledge!
English - Write! It's this easy... Writing more often will help increase the speed of your writing during the exam and provide an advantage. Moreover, you could read books or and watch movies to expand your vocabulary by exposing yourself to other types of diction.
Maths - Honestly, the only thing you can do is do practice questions for each unit and past papers, as questions that come up are unpredictable.
Good luck, and I wish you all the best! :biggrin:

Thank you for the advice! I’m going to look on Youtube for Primrose Kitten because I’ve heard that she does some pretty helpful summary videos for science.

Quick Reply

Latest