The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Visit website

Replacing your accommodation key

I've managed to misplace my accommodation key, and I'm not sure what steps to take to get a replacement. It's quite important for getting into my accommodation obvs, so I'm a bit stuck.
Has anyone else been in this situation before? Could you share any advice on what the process is like for getting a replacement key? I'm also curious about any costs associated with it.
thank youuu
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've managed to misplace my accommodation key, and I'm not sure what steps to take to get a replacement. It's quite important for getting into my accommodation obvs, so I'm a bit stuck.
Has anyone else been in this situation before? Could you share any advice on what the process is like for getting a replacement key? I'm also curious about any costs associated with it.
thank youuu

You probably need to contact your university if you live in halls for them to give you a replacement key. There probably is a charge for it - it should be in your contract. If it's a private accommodation, speak to your landlord or private halls receptionist/manager, and get a replacement key. Again, probably is a charge for that - read your contract to make sure they aren't ripping you off.

If you are someone who is prone to losing keys - get the key cut and make spare ones at a local key shop. It's usually cheaper than getting a replacement key again and again.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending