The Student Room Group

Year 10 Mocks

When I take my Y10 mocks in a couple of months, will I have an exam every day or does it depend on the subject? Also, if I miss 1 or 2 days and I do have an exam, will I still get to do it?
Reply 1
With the year 10 mocks, the way in which they are conducted is different within each school - there is no strict national standard for them.

My school had AT LEAST one exam a day, because our exams were condensed into only 2 weeks. We were given study leave (so we could leave the school whenever we didn't have an exam) but this wasn't particularly useful because of how many exams we had. Whether or not you are given study leave differs within each school, but I think it is more common for a school to not give study leave to year 10 students. For the year 10 mocks, unlike the actual GCSEs, if you miss an exam you will probably be allowed to do it another time. Your school will either dedicate a day to this at the end of the mock period, or more likely your teachers will allow you to do the missed papers during lesson time. Remember there is no point in them not allowing you to do the exam, because that doesn't help anyone.

Bear in mind that all I have to go off is what my school, and the other schools in my area did, so your school's year 10 mocks may be held in a slightly different way. I would recommend that you talk to a teacher/head of exams or an older student at your school who will be able to give a more accurate answer.
Reply 2
Original post by test.,
With the year 10 mocks, the way in which they are conducted is different within each school - there is no strict national standard for them.
My school had AT LEAST one exam a day, because our exams were condensed into only 2 weeks. We were given study leave (so we could leave the school whenever we didn't have an exam) but this wasn't particularly useful because of how many exams we had. Whether or not you are given study leave differs within each school, but I think it is more common for a school to not give study leave to year 10 students. For the year 10 mocks, unlike the actual GCSEs, if you miss an exam you will probably be allowed to do it another time. Your school will either dedicate a day to this at the end of the mock period, or more likely your teachers will allow you to do the missed papers during lesson time. Remember there is no point in them not allowing you to do the exam, because that doesn't help anyone.
Bear in mind that all I have to go off is what my school, and the other schools in my area did, so your school's year 10 mocks may be held in a slightly different way. I would recommend that you talk to a teacher/head of exams or an older student at your school who will be able to give a more accurate answer.

Yeh thanks 👍 just I am in Germany so I’ll be missing 2 days of mocks. My English teacher said that teachers will know if you don’t do the exam and will me do it when I’m back, the only thing I was worried about is how many exams I would me missing
Since it's mocks, it depends on what your school may do. Some spread out the subjects or stick them close together so that you'll have mocks every day for a week. Missing a mock in Y10 is okay, as it doesn't really affect how you'll do anyhow - they may set you up with a different paper on a different day.
Reply 4
Original post by Jacksafc08
Yeh thanks 👍 just I am in Germany so I’ll be missing 2 days of mocks. My English teacher said that teachers will know if you don’t do the exam and will me do it when I’m back, the only thing I was worried about is how many exams I would me missing

*I will be in Germany
Reply 5
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Since it's mocks, it depends on what your school may do. Some spread out the subjects or stick them close together so that you'll have mocks every day for a week. Missing a mock in Y10 is okay, as it doesn't really affect how you'll do anyhow - they may set you up with a different paper on a different day.

👍 think mine are lasting about 3 weeks. 3rd June - 21st, but I am away for 2 of those days so didn’t know if there would be a space for me to complete any missed exam
Original post by Jacksafc08
👍 think mine are lasting about 3 weeks. 3rd June - 21st, but I am away for 2 of those days so didn’t know if there would be a space for me to complete any missed exam

Being mocks, there will definitely be a chance for you around those 3 weeks to take the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest