The Student Room Group

Politics edexcel paper 1

I was wondering if for part A the first question which is a source question . If it necessary to have outside information away from the source in order to gain good amount of Ao1 marks . So if it was a question about electoral systems and it was a source question would it then be enough to know how that system works and the disadvantage and advantages rather then the other stuff like turnout and new type information. IDK if this makes sense but i just really need to know .

Also i was wondering if this essay structure was okay for source and non-source question :
Thesis/introduction - explain a little about the actual thing im arguing on and then state my argument and then what i will evaluate in my essay
paragraph 1 - Point to support thesis , Counter argument , either another argument in response to the counter , then a final judgement
*then this will be repeated for paragraph 2*
Conclustion - So i just state by final judgement and why it is better .
Reply 1
Original post by kiki164
I was wondering if for part A the first question which is a source question . If it necessary to have outside information away from the source in order to gain good amount of Ao1 marks . So if it was a question about electoral systems and it was a source question would it then be enough to know how that system works and the disadvantage and advantages rather then the other stuff like turnout and new type information. IDK if this makes sense but i just really need to know .
Also i was wondering if this essay structure was okay for source and non-source question :
Thesis/introduction - explain a little about the actual thing im arguing on and then state my argument and then what i will evaluate in my essay
paragraph 1 - Point to support thesis , Counter argument , either another argument in response to the counter , then a final judgement
*then this will be repeated for paragraph 2*
Conclustion - So i just state by final judgement and why it is better .

You should always be giving evidence from your own knowledge to back up a point, regardless of whether it is a source question or an essay question. Don't rely solely on the source or you'll be capped at a certain level for marks. If you want top marks, you should also be analysing the points and evidence used in your arguments. Make sure the evidence you use is relevant, otherwise it won't help your argument and will take the focus away from your main points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending