The Student Room Group

Year 10 science

I recently moved a set down for science and I’m planning trying to move back up,I’ve got exams that involve set changed in a month or two.anybody got any tips
How are you revising for science at the moment?
Original post by flowersinmyhair
How are you revising for science at the moment?

I’m just revising physics formulas and doing notes/definitions for biology and chem
Original post by Someone10111
I’m just revising physics formulas and doing notes/definitions for biology and chem
I meant more what revision methods are you using to revise the content
(edited 1 month ago)
I meant more what revision methods are you using to revise the content

At the moment,I just started revising a few days ago and have not used any methods yet cause it’s really the first time I’ve been revising.
At the moment,I just started revising a few days ago and have not used any methods yet cause it’s really the first time I’ve been revising.
I would recommend probably using flashcards and maybe a website such as Seneca
I would recommend probably using flashcards and maybe a website such as Seneca

Alright,thanks for the suggestion
I recently moved a set down for science and I’m planning trying to move back up,I’ve got exams that involve set changed in a month or two.anybody got any tips

Hi, for science its really important that u understand the concept first. Watch videos or use revision guides to make sure you are aware of all the topics in your spec. Some things i did which helped me get 9s and 8s in my mocks are
-use the spec religiously, before even u start revising go through the spec and see what you need to know it makes sure u dont learn unnecessary stuff and waste ur time
-watch videos and make sure u are aware of all the require practicals, i use malmesbury Education in YouTube as they demonstrate the practicals pretty well
-Resources - i used save my exams, they have amazing notes which makes the topic clear, good exam tips and common misconceptions and also some videos to help you
- past papers and topic questions from pmt and self mark them, read examiner reports to see if it was a easy or hard question u missed marks on and also time yourself when u do papers
All the very best!
Original post by Deepak.23
Hi, for science its really important that u understand the concept first. Watch videos or use revision guides to make sure you are aware of all the topics in your spec. Some things i did which helped me get 9s and 8s in my mocks are
-use the spec religiously, before even u start revising go through the spec and see what you need to know it makes sure u dont learn unnecessary stuff and waste ur time
-watch videos and make sure u are aware of all the require practicals, i use malmesbury Education in YouTube as they demonstrate the practicals pretty well
-Resources - i used save my exams, they have amazing notes which makes the topic clear, good exam tips and common misconceptions and also some videos to help you
- past papers and topic questions from pmt and self mark them, read examiner reports to see if it was a easy or hard question u missed marks on and also time yourself when u do papers
All the very best!

Alright!thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest