The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter accommodation social life

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone at exeter exeter knows whether there is much of a difference in terms of the social life between catered or self-catered accommodation, such as with parties, meeting people etc. I'm looking for something more social so any advice on which accommodation would be best for that would be great.

I've been looking at rowe which I realise is much smaller so I'm not sure how the social aspect would be for that. Otherwise I also like the look of pennsylvania court or east park, maybe lafrowda.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone at exeter exeter knows whether there is much of a difference in terms of the social life between catered or self-catered accommodation, such as with parties, meeting people etc. I'm looking for something more social so any advice on which accommodation would be best for that would be great.
I've been looking at rowe which I realise is much smaller so I'm not sure how the social aspect would be for that. Otherwise I also like the look of pennsylvania court or east park, maybe lafrowda.

Hey I am first year at Exeter and currently living in Lafrowda.

I would personally say self-catered is significantly more social than catered as you have the communal kitchen and living area etc. That being said catered accommodations are still sociable and everyone I know in catered still do really enjoy to go out, however as you don't have the aspect of the kitchen and living area, when pre drinks are being hosted or parties are taking place you tend to find there more in the self-catered accommodations such as Lafrowda and East Park. I would recommend putting down Lafrowda or East Park first if you're looking for a more lively and social first year. Rowe isn't awful when it comes to the social aspect as it is right opposite lafrowda, however laf is still more lively overall.

Hope this helps
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by ta_2005
Hey I am first year at Exeter and currently living in Lafrowda.
I would personally say self-catered is significantly more social than catered as you have the communal kitchen and living area etc. That being said catered accommodations are still sociable and everyone I know in catered still do really enjoy to go out, however as you don't have the aspect of the kitchen and living area, when pre drinks are being hosted or parties are taking place you tend to find there more in the self-catered accommodations such as Lafrowda and East Park. I would recommend putting down Lafrowda or East Park first if you're looking for a more lively and social first year. Rowe isn't awful when it comes to the social aspect as it is right opposite lafrowda, however laf is still more lively overall.
Hope this helps

Thanks so much that definitely helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending