The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Difference in courses

Hi, I’m trying to get a solid answer on what the difference is between costume for performance and costume for theatre and screen, specifically UAL but if other people know that would be wonderful, (ucas codes W541 and W453)
Reply 1
hi! to my knowledge there’s not a huge amount of difference: the course at wimbledon is split into pathways so you choose to do either mainly designing or mainly making, whereas with the one at lcf everyone does both. i’ve just accepted my offer to study costume for performance at lcf partly because i think the course is slightly more experimental than the one at wimbledon (i’m much more interested in contemporary costume than period) and also for the busier location. if you’re interested in making costume for theatre productions then wimbledon might be a good choice because they regularly collaborate with the theatre courses, just depends on the kind of work you want to make i think, hope this helps :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ingenue
hi! to my knowledge there’s not a huge amount of difference: the course at wimbledon is split into pathways so you choose to do either mainly designing or mainly making, whereas with the one at lcf everyone does both. i’ve just accepted my offer to study costume for performance at lcf partly because i think the course is slightly more experimental than the one at wimbledon (i’m much more interested in contemporary costume than period) and also for the busier location. if you’re interested in making costume for theatre productions then wimbledon might be a good choice because they regularly collaborate with the theatre courses, just depends on the kind of work you want to make i think, hope this helps :smile:

Yeah that cleared things up thank you, I definitely would rather go into costume for theatre productions, I’ve always loved that kind of environment, thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending