So what grades would you be happy with? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Freddy C
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would say only AAA, even though I only need AAB to get into a uni, I just hate a B in my results, ruins the flow :cool: lol.
RobbieC
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would like all A grades, but we don't always get what we want... Could easily be happy with AAAAABb - one of the As being to avoid the shame of not getting an A in general studies... well, not that its easy lol
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Would be very happy with ABB.
BBC is most realistic though
joesharp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd be happy with ABC, as it meets my offers, but I could probably get ABB (a B in French) if I worked a bit harder.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AAA. I don't deserve an 'A' in History; unless I actually read something between now and the next exam, I probably won't get one. But I sure as heck could use one.
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
AAA. I don't deserve an 'A' in History; unless I actually read something between now and the next exam, I probably won't get one. But I sure as heck could use one.
:dito:
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd love to get AAA (when the time comes, I'm still doing AS's), but I'd be happy with AAB. For AS's I'd probably be happy with AAAB, with the B in Chemistry, but I want to get AAAA to be honest. Not taking the exam in Critical Thinking until June 2006 (for some reason my school run this as a 2-year AS) and I want at least a B in GCSE Spanish. Hmm I don't want much. Going to have to work a lot harder than I am doing to get them though...
White_redrose
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ideally - 3As! AAB at a push, I could cope with a B in Sociology
Irrational Pi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
BBC, as thats the min. I need. BBB / ABB pref tho.

Is it just me, or does TSR seem to reflect, on the whole, the highest A-level students?

We just seem to have a large number of Oxbridge/AAA etc students; little talk about lesser unis such as....... Oxford Brookes, Manchester Met, Nottingham Trent etc.

I know various people at my school that are applying to 'lesser' uni's such as Surrey etc.

Yet, the vast majority on here appear to be after AAA/AAB for Oxbridge/Notts/Manchester etc etc.

Or is just me?
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bwgames)
BBC, as thats the min. I need. BBB / ABB pref tho.

Is it just me, or does TSR seem to reflect, on the whole, the highest A-level students?

We just seem to have a large number of Oxbridge/AAA etc students; little talk about lesser unis such as....... Oxford Brookes, Manchester Met, Nottingham Trent etc.

I know various people at my school that are applying to 'lesser' uni's such as Surrey etc.

Yet, the vast majority on here appear to be after AAA/AAB for Oxbridge/Notts/Manchester etc etc.

Or is just me?
Well, if you think about it, the sort of people who use websites like this are the ones who want to do well, so it makes sense that their results are better than average.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And also I think TSR oxbridgey peeps are attracted the the forums, I mean there are whole sub forums for each brill uni. Also I find there's no one in my school in my position so it's nice to have a chat with people who are going through the same stress!
froggymills
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'll be happy wiv AAB cos that wat I need!! AAA would be great! Im gona decline my general studies grade
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
at the moment I need BBB but I would be disappointed if I got less than AAB-ABB
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd love AAAA. that would be great! but it's gonna take lots of work!
fasterpurple
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AAAAB. I'd be happy with a B in Music...I don't really like it at all

Obviously, ideally AAAAA, but that's unlikely
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AAB

my firm choice will probably be BBB from ucl.
back up manchester BBC or may leeds [lower, CC ish]
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmm im gonna have to up the tempo to get my AAAAAAa I think.
PinkPigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Realistically (really hope I don't sound like a big-headed b**h) if I don't get AAAA, I'll be really irritated because all my teachers have said they expect it so if I don't get it, it means I've messed up somewhere along the way!
burningwings
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd be happy with AABa, but would love AAAa
tortured
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AABC...

A for English Lit. and Media Studies.
B for Biology
C for Psychology (damnit for being so bloody difficult!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (2)
16.67%
No (10)
83.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise