The Student Room Group

math gcse year 12

hey guys
i am in year 12 and i got a 4 in higher maths for gcse’s, i want to resit it before year 13 a levels is it possible?
i am aiming for a 7 in order to boost my opportunity to get into a good university
Reply 1
hi i am unsure what course youre tryna do for uni but i got offers from all russel group unis i applied to (leeds, birmingham, warwick and nottingham) and i got a 4 in maths after failing at GCSE. i wouldnt say its mandatory unless your course specifies it and i dont think youre able to revisit unless you maybe go to a sixth form college
Original post by 4diraf
hi i am unsure what course youre tryna do for uni but i got offers from all russel group unis i applied to (leeds, birmingham, warwick and nottingham) and i got a 4 in maths after failing at GCSE. i wouldnt say its mandatory unless your course specifies it and i dont think youre able to revisit unless you maybe go to a sixth form college

i’m trying to do law
what subjects did you do at a level and what did you get
what uni course are you doing now?
Reply 3
Original post by revising2007
i’m trying to do law
what subjects did you do at a level and what did you get
what uni course are you doing now?
i dont think youll need it for law. i do psych soc and english lit and am going to do liberal arts and natural sciences at birmingham (im not at uni yet lol i am in year 13)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by 4diraf
i dont think youll need it for law. i do psych soc and english lit and am going to do liberal arts and natural sciences at birmingham (im not at uni yet lol i am in year 13)

but apparently in order to get into most of the russell group prestigious uni’s you need minimum 6 in maths and english i have a 4 in maths which i feel like they would reject 😭
Check the entry requirements for the courses you want to do - it isnt automatic that every course at every RG Uni wants these specific GCSE grades.

If you do need to retake it, talk to your school - its usually possible to retake Maths GCSE alongside your A levels, and Unis would just add this GCSE condition to any A level offer they made you.

Quick Reply

Latest