The Student Room Group

Predicted GCSE Grades

Hi, I’m in Year 10 and currently my gcse predicted grades are all 9s except two 8s and a 6. I’m not too bothered about the two 8s because I can improve but I'm hoping to get into a Russel group uni or maybe even Cambridge for medicine at uni. Does the 6 matter? Also the subject I’m getting a 6 in is Arabic. My teachers are terrible and I can’t find a tutor so how do I teach myself a whole language in a year? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Original post by schanzewaqar24
Hi, I’m in Year 10 and currently my gcse predicted grades are all 9s except two 8s and a 6. I’m not too bothered about the two 8s because I can improve but I'm hoping to get into a Russel group uni or maybe even Cambridge for medicine at uni. Does the 6 matter? Also the subject I’m getting a 6 in is Arabic. My teachers are terrible and I can’t find a tutor so how do I teach myself a whole language in a year? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Given that the 6 is in a language, rather than a STEM subject, I feel it is somewhat unlikely that it will impact your chances for uni/medicine too much. I'm afraid I don't have any language tips though other than regular practice/revision.
Thank you
Original post by hs006
If employers see anything less than a 7, you are finished and will probably not get employed. Maybe consider retaking.

Really? Is this regarding all GCSE grades?
Original post by schanzewaqar24
Really? Is this regarding all GCSE grades?

OP, previous response was sarcastic, unhelpful, and downright wrong. Employers do not view grades in this way: yours are exceptional.
Original post by EnigmaChess
OP, previous response was sarcastic, unhelpful, and downright wrong. Employers do not view grades in this way: yours are exceptional.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest