The Student Room Group

is academic comeback still possible?

hi ive just sat my a level mocks and i’m certain i’ve got c’s and d’s i left revision last minute and blanked out during the papers
in class assessments and end of unit tests i’ve been getting mostly b’s and c’s
do you think it is possible for me to get a’s or have i left it too late?
Reply 1
Original post by revising2007
hi ive just sat my a level mocks and i’m certain i’ve got c’s and d’s i left revision last minute and blanked out during the papers
in class assessments and end of unit tests i’ve been getting mostly b’s and c’s
do you think it is possible for me to get a’s or have i left it too late?

Yes anything is possible - if you try. You may find that the exam tests what you are good at, so who knows? Try your best and come up with a proper plan to revise for any upcoming exams. Focus on your weaknesses. A lot of students keep revising their strengths to get into it, and leave their weaker sections to the last minute. Another thing is, actively writing notes is not the same as revising. You have to actively recall what you are learning so you can remember them in the exam. Practice lots of exam questions - you'll see the specific key words you need to mention in order to get the marks. If you are doing maths for example, this is vital because even if you don't get the right answer, you may get method marks instead. You won't know this unless you practice past paper questions.

I sometimes find that when I find an exam harder, there's good chance others find the exam hard too. It causes a drop in the grade boundaries and you may find that you actually do better than you originally thought. I guess it's an optimistic perspective to think about. Don't worry about the exams you have already done, learn from the mistakes so you can do better in the future ones.

I hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest