The Student Room Group

GCSE Predicted Grade Boundaries 2024

Hello, I know that the gcse grade boundaries this year will go up as they want to set it to pre pandemic levels like in 2019. But i was wondering what people think the grade boundaries are going to be for Edexcel History/Maths/Geography B/Spanish /// AQA Maths Chem Bio Phys Business English Language English Lit
Reply 1
Original post by Daix1121
Hello, I know that the gcse grade boundaries this year will go up as they want to set it to pre pandemic levels like in 2019. But i was wondering what people think the grade boundaries are going to be for Edexcel History/Maths/Geography B/Spanish /// AQA Maths Chem Bio Phys Business English Language English Lit

well your right on whats been said, but you never know bcs ive heard a few people say itll be lower bcs apparently were a dumb year group but some are sayin itll be higher, just make sure when you do past papers you dont go too easy on yourslef
when you grade yourself use 2019 grade boundaries and push the boundaries up by 2 3 marks for worst case scenario
Reply 2
Original post by tkkjj
well your right on whats been said, but you never know bcs ive heard a few people say itll be lower bcs apparently were a dumb year group but some are sayin itll be higher, just make sure when you do past papers you dont go too easy on yourslef
when you grade yourself use 2019 grade boundaries and push the boundaries up by 2 3 marks for worst case scenario

Ive been literally burning incense every night hoping that this year there is alot of dumb people and that the grade boundaries may be lower.

Stop spreading false rumours. No-one knows anything about the grade boundaries - not even the examiners who set the papers!
Every paper has to be marked before they are set ...
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Stop spreading false rumours. No-one knows anything about the grade boundaries - not even the examiners who set the papers!
Every paper has to be marked before they are set ...

Hi the GOV.UK website has clearly stated that grade boundaries this year is going to be back at prepandemic levels by OfQual search it up
Reply 5
Ive been literally burning incense every night hoping that this year there is alot of dumb people and that the grade boundaries may be lower.

yeah same tbh but idk, my teacher said were a clever year group but me ad my friends looked at our school and thought theyll be low so i genuinly have no idea
Reply 6

No one knows that yet, not even the exam boards. They will mark the papers first to see what raw marks people get, and only then will they set the boundaries, and they will set them at a level where the correct proportion will get the required grades.
Reply 7
Original post by lalexm
No one knows that yet, not even the exam boards. They will mark the papers first to see what raw marks people get, and only then will they set the boundaries, and they will set them at a level where the correct proportion will get the required grades.

yeah but also goverment said theyre going to try bring it to prepandemic so 2019ish boundaries
Hi the GOV.UK website has clearly stated that grade boundaries this year is going to be back at prepandemic levels by OfQual search it up

NO it doesn't - post a link. It says grade distributions which is quite a different thing.
Original post by tkkjj
yeah but also goverment said theyre going to try bring it to prepandemic so 2019ish boundaries

It says grade distributions which is quite a different thing.
Reply 10
Original post by Muttley79
It says grade distributions which is quite a different thing.

elaborate?
Original post by tkkjj
elaborate?

Grade distribution means there will be roughly the same proportion of each grade as in 2019 - that doesn't tell us where the grade boundaries will be. The grade boundaries depend on the cohort and the difficulty of the paper.
Reply 12
Original post by tkkjj
elaborate?

Grade distributions is the distribution of grades, so to keep in line with 2019 results, they might decide on the top 5% getting a 9, the next 10% at 10 etc.

Grade boundaries on the other hand are the raw marks that are needed to get a particular grade. If students found a paper particularly hard, and on average everyone got lower raw marks than previous years, the grade boundaries would be set lower. Alternatively, if everyone found a paper easy, they would be set grade boundaries higher. This is why grade boundaries can only we set after all papers are marked.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest