The Student Room Group

exhausted after every single past paper exam q- need breaks

every time i attempt an a level maths paper, i find my brain getting extremely tired after doing about 5 questions, my head starts aching etc. I take a 5minute break whilst pausing the timer and then continue and then am absolutely fine until the next few questions. Ive realised that timing is not an issue for me, I can complete a paper in 2 hours but the reason I am so slow is because my brain gets exhausted.

This is negatively affecting my performance, and practising isnt really helping me, Im able to get at least 80% in every paper within 2 hours with these small breaks from the paper, but if I do not take them my mark drops to 50% in the same time.

Im not sure if Ive explained this correctly, but I was wondering if this is a symptom of anything, (my cousin with ADHD has a similar issue and recieves break periods in his exams). Also if anyone has any advice on how to improve this and move past it because my exams are very soon.
Take breaks
Reply 2
Original post by wanga_wanga
Take breaks

yea during practise maybe
but u cant in an exam? i'd waste so much time, its meant to be a mark a minute and it would be a struggle since I cant pause the time in an exam like i can at home
Original post by Anonymous
yea during practise maybe
but u cant in an exam? i'd waste so much time, its meant to be a mark a minute and it would be a struggle since I cant pause the time in an exam like i can at home

have you spoken to your tutor about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending